Time to buy Amazon Stock; Rumor of Brick-n-Mortar

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
linkage:

Amazon may be getting physical with a new retail store | VentureBeat

February 6, 2012 | Jolie O'Dell

Rather than being a high-inventory big box on a Target or Walmart scale, the Amazon store was said to be planned as a boutique carrying high-end, high-profit-margin items as well as the brand's Kindle line and accessories.

In a way, it would be a bit like the Apple stores one sees in every shopping mall these days, with a few big-ticket goodies in other verticals, as well.

Hmm. Might be good actually. Just stores selling top end items in all the expensive flagship areas of major cities. I like it.

Though I don't think it has the potential to affect revenue as much as Apples stores do on it's own revenue. Apple sells everything it makes in it's store, because it only sells expensive high end items.

Infact an Amazon store should just sell the Kindle range of products, and amazon basics. Basicly only amazon branded stuff, otherwise it ends up like any other crappy electronics store.

I should probably come to a conclusion first, and then post a response. My thoughts on the idea keep changing as I type, so i'll just stop here.

umm we need more regular electronics stores, specially my area. I'm tired of having to order everything online and wait and have my day taken up for it. I just wanna drive a few minutes, pick up a new GPU, and stick in my system within the hour.

umm we need more regular electronics stores, specially my area. I'm tired of having to order everything online and wait and have my day taken up for it. I just wanna drive a few minutes, pick up a new GPU, and stick in my system within the hour.

Microcenter FTW =]

yah I got one driveable distance but it's still 3 hours away ;-( but it does beat the price of overnight shipping tho. 55 in gas money vs 140 in shipping costs.

yah I got one driveable distance but it's still 3 hours away ;-( but it does beat the price of overnight shipping tho. 55 in gas money vs 140 in shipping costs.
It may be worth it if you are building a new system, upgrades may not be worth the $55 in gas vs waiting 4 days or so. Especially since some of them directly compete with Newegg. Some will compete with any online company that offers free shipping on the part. The one by me, has a chalkboard with 2 columns on it "Newegg" and "MicroCenter" with various CPUs listed underneath and prices. I love the store, watching some Liquid Nitrogen overclocking by some guys from (overclockers.net?) was interesting.

Economics is the one thing I like more than tech when it comes to subjects. I already have stocks in amazon, and it's my only big company. I like doing smaller stocks better.

I'd poop my pants if newegg opened up a retail store. Amazon, I'm not so sure about. It seems like it'll just turn into a competition with borders/barnes and nobles. I mean what boutique / high profit stuff do they really have that would set them apart from a best buy or walmart or something.

If Newegg opened up stores, I would be incredibly happy... Not really much of any good electronics stores in my area at all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom