three monitors??? gtx295???

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidmonkey

In Runtime
i'm wondering if the new nvidia gtx 295 will support three monitors hooked up to it?
there are 2 digital outputs and one hdmi output so i'm thinking it would but am also thinking that the hdmi is only to replace one of the digital outputs.

anyone know for sure???

and while were at it...what would u pick...

gtx 295 OR geforce 9800 gx2

and why???

You'd need 2 graphics cards to run 3 monitors.

One graphics card will drive 2 monitors. Add another one and you can spread your workspace accross 4 monitors.

You'd need 2 graphics cards to run 3 monitors.

One graphics card will drive 2 monitors. Add another one and you can spread your workspace accross 4 monitors.

that is true traditionally because most come with 2 outputs but like he said the GTX295 has 3 outputs...my friend just got one and has 3 monitors and a projector....he may be able to answer this with a test by the end of today...I will keep you posted...

that is true traditionally because most come with 2 outputs but like he said the GTX295 has 3 outputs...my friend just got one and has 3 monitors and a projector....he may be able to answer this with a test by the end of today...I will keep you posted...

I know he stated that he has 3 outputs on this card.

:p

After checking it out though i'm assuming that the HDMI output will output the same video infomation as one of the two digital outputs. If you see what I mean.

It'll be interesting to see what your friend says about it.

I know he stated that he has 3 outputs on this card.

:p

After checking it out though i'm assuming that the HDMI output will output the same video infomation as one of the two digital outputs. If you see what I mean.

It'll be interesting to see what your friend says about it.

yeah def, thats how it was on most of the other vid cards that had a 3rd TV source out...like the s-video, or composite, but I will let you know either tonight or tomorrow, and if I dont get back to you, remind me to ask hahaha

thanks for the info...
i don't actually own this card yet but am thinking of it.

please let us know what ur mate comes up with please :) although this ??? might be mentioned in one of the reviews of the gtx295 if any are out yet???

you will probaly need to upgrade most of your computer because most of the stuff in your sig is a huge bottleneck for that card

you will probaly need to upgrade most of your computer because most of the stuff in your sig is a huge bottleneck for that card

+1

Definitely agree, if his sig is accurate:

winXP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon XP 2600+
MB – Asus A7N8X-E (socket 'A' CPU)
2.5 Gig PC3200 DDR400
Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT
HD's - 2.1 TB

yup yup yup, hear u guys on getting a new rig and that is part of the plan.

was just curious about the gtx295 at the moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom