Threads deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Baseband Member
I havent been back here in a while, but theres one thing that looks really strange:

Why would you keep room for a thread thats already deleted? It looks really odd that theres all of these posts split up by 4 deleted threads that still have spacers there.

My main question is, why?

I think it serves as a way for someone to know that a post was once there, but this thread might be deleted... heck this post might even be deleted. You have got to be really tactful with the TP
(Honestly Earth Living Life)
(George Orwell reference)

I am assuming it is for legal reasons. Although the vast majority of threads deleted around here are for spam, if they were about some other topic and after the thread was deleted soem nutjob wanted to bring case against the admins for any sort of discrimination, the admins would still have an existing record of the thread as proof.

I assume it is so they have a record on members. I.e. considering one for a mod they can see if they participated in a locked thread and how maturely they dealt with it.

Mods can open deleted threads and see them. A member's infractions leave a record on a member's profile that mods can see. That's not to say that a member, or members, may not be watched closely if need be, but we are not the thought police. that would mean that most here actually have a mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom