Thread attachments...

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
I usually never attach anything to a thread, but today I had a valid reason to use the attachment system and noticed that we are severely restricted on some file types, yet others there is a really high max file size...

Pretty much all videos are 500MB, yet a zip file has less than a 100KB max file size limit? Is there a reason for this? Is there any way we can have slightly larger attachments? Not saying to give us a 10MB allowance for a zip file, but 100KB is virtually useless and forced me to end up using a third party for what has amounted to a one-time thing.

I'd love to tell you for security, but a 100kb zip file can be just as devastating as 100mb. We'll look into it.

I think a larger upload limit should be a promotion. Something you get when you reach a goal like time as an active member or post counts.
I believe if they are just jacked up across the board, it will be abused. Why do ya'll host videos when one can be uploaded on YT and let them carry the load on their servers? More room here for other files.

Back
Top Bottom