Thoughts about a Merger!!

There are some differences between the two sites as noted but I think they are complementary. CF is a bit friendlier - social and Techist is a bit tech heavier. CF would benefit from the elevated tech talk and techist could use a little more social angle. If the two sites were identical there would be no advantage top a merge. They are not however and I think the merge will be good for both.

Another thing to remembers is that the site teams at both site handle issues in about the same way. They function as a team and this provides a system of checks and balances when needed.

Right on the head, Janet. Techist is social in some ways, but as much as CF. Part of that was structured over the years as we worked on trying to teach members to post in the appropriate forums. The "Member's Area" of the forum fills the role of socialization with most of it happening in the "Off Topic" forum.

I am looking forward to working together with the staff from here on CF. A few have introduced themselves and all of them seem to be great people.

Back
Top Bottom