This Webpage Is Not Available Error

brusinggiant

Beta member
Ok so this started a few weeks ago. It has not gotten better and it may even be getting worse. Randomly websites won't load or won't load right. A lot of times i go to sites and i get a message on the screen that says "This Webpage Is Not Available". I refresh, but nothing works. I click continuously until it finally works, but it's annoying as hell to do obviously. I've looked all over the internet for an answer on how to fix this and i can not find one. Also, sometimes when i go to websites, they will show up with the html all messed up with blue links everywhere. I've read to try fixing something in the settings (can't remember exactly what it was, but i tried it and it did not work).

I use google chrome, however this issue happens on both IE and Firefox as well. I've also ran two different virus scanners and neither find any viruses. I honestly don't know what to do, but this issue is driving me insane. It makes it very difficult to browse the internet.

Is it possible my issue comes from my ISP or maybe the router or modem in my house? I've tried everything i've found, but nothing seems to fix my issue. I've also read that it could be a firewall blocking things, but sometimes the web pages will load and sometimes they won't. It's all random. The wep pages are not down either, i've went through all that as well.

So ya. I'm stuck here and very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated and i hope to figure out this problem and get it fixed asap. Thanks to anyone who can assist.

Ok so this started a few weeks ago. It has not gotten better and it may even be getting worse. Randomly websites won't load or won't load right. A lot of times i go to sites and i get a message on the screen that says "This Webpage Is Not Available". I refresh, but nothing works. I click continuously until it finally works, but it's annoying as hell to do obviously.
I use google chrome, however this issue happens on both IE and Firefox as well. I've also ran two different virus scanners and neither find any viruses. I honestly don't know what to do, but this issue is driving me insane. It makes it very difficult to browse the internet.

Could be a direct browser problem, check for me please ?
Hit the bar on the right hand side of chrome hit about chrome and tell us what version you got.
Same for firefox, not many people are aware of this but google has made a few screwups on their new betas.
You could see garbage webpage scripts, your videos won't load for **** and nothing appears at times.

Now on the other hand, the website or server maybe having problems.
If everything else comes up fine everyhour or daily blame the website for technical problems.
If its every site its on your end, may I ask when was the last time you cleared out browser and windows temp cache ?
Type cmd, type ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /release all ipconfig /renew.
That way you'll have a fresh start, use ccleaner once I day.
It will help not unless you got programs falling apart everyday. :)

Ok so this started a few weeks ago. It has not gotten better and it may even be getting worse. Randomly websites won't load or won't load right. A lot of times i go to sites and i get a message on the screen that says "This Webpage Is Not Available". I refresh, but nothing works. I click continuously until it finally works, but it's annoying as hell to do obviously. I've looked all over the internet for an answer on how to fix this and i can not find one. Also, sometimes when i go to websites, they will show up with the html all messed up with blue links everywhere. I've read to try fixing something in the settings (can't remember exactly what it was, but i tried it and it did not work).

Is it possible my issue comes from my ISP or maybe the router or modem in my house? I've tried everything i've found, but nothing seems to fix my issue. I've also read that it could be a firewall blocking things, but sometimes the web pages will load and sometimes they won't. It's all random. The wep pages are not down either, i've went through all that as well.

So ya. I'm stuck here and very frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated and i hope to figure out this problem and get it fixed asap. Thanks to anyone who can assist.

If it's happening on multiple browsers, then I'd say it's possibly more of a network issue.

What are your network speeds when these issues happen? You can test it on Speedtest.net Are the issues you're having when you're on wireless or over a wired connection? Does it happen on multiple computers (more than just yours)?

Have you tried power cycling your modem/router to see if that solves the issue? Do you have a router/modem combo, or are they separate?

If i checked it right, i have Version 33.0.1750.154 m on google chrome. It has to be on my end somewhere, because it's happening with every single website. Sometimes it loads, sometimes it doesn't. It's completely random like one second it will load fine and if i refresh it doesn't load at all or doesn't load right. I also used Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up? to make sure and that site always says the sites i'm trying to visit is down for just me. I cleared out my cache for everything when i first started having this issue because that's the first problem solver i seen. It didn't work.

I do have ccleaner, so i will begin using that every day. I also have not done the cmd command yet, so i will definitely try that. Also, i should make sure everyone knows it is NOT a virus as i just ran another scan last night and still found nothing.

I am using a wireless router. It happens sometimes to the other computers in my house (all wireless), but not nearly as much as it happens to me. My problem happens constantly every day. My modem and router is seperate and i don't really know what you mean by power cycling it. If you mean turn them off then turn them back on, yes i have done that.

Also, i just tried the speed test and i'm not exactly sure how to react to these numbers, but they probably aren't that great.

Ping: 26 ms
Download speed: 10.87 mbps
Upload speed: 1.71 mbps

Thanks for the help so far guys and i'm definitely still looking for any answers. Like i said before i'll try the cmd command that MikeTech mentioned and we'll see if that fixes anything.

What brand/model of router do you have?

I'd look into upgrading your router's firmware, if it's happening to all systems in your house.

I'd also see if plugging in directly via ethernet fixes it at all or not, at least temporarily.

Last edited:
I have a Linksys router. However, i have just figured out that the issue is either with our modem or with our ISP somehow. Even connected straight from the modem to the computer with an ethernet cord it still happens. It also happens constantly on the other computers in my house, so it isn't just my computer. Should i try giving my internet provider a call? I don't know what else to do, but browsing the internet is nearly painful anymore because half the time pages don't load or don't load right. Any other ideas are welcome though. Thanks for all the help so far guys!

If it's happening directly connected to the modem, with multiple computers... then yeah, give your ISP a call. I'm guessing you're rending the modem from them anyway, and it's possible that the modem is going bad, or the wiring is bad to your modem.

Your ISP should be able to look into it more though, and most likely will replace the modem as the first step of troubleshooting.

Back
Top Bottom