This took some nerve

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Over the weekend somebody here ripped the CEO's laptop from his office. Had to be someone that works here with a master key because the area is always locked when they leave and was locked when he got back. Left the leather bag and just took the laptop and power cord. That takes some stones right there. Unfortunately since he never uses it on our network, only while travlling, it does not show up in my inventory so we are having some trouble getting more info about the thing. But man, who has the nads to rip the CEO's stuff??? We are hoping the security cameras will give us a little info, but they only show the exits, not inside the building. And it's not like whoever did it will be walking around with it exposed. Now they will either have to figure out how to jack the password or just sell it. Hopefully he didn't have sensitive data on there. So if you see a Dell Latitude D610 on ebay or craigslist and it's in northwest TN or southwest KY, let me know.

Man that sucks, but it brings to mind of a bit of software that acts like a laptop lojack. If he had something like that installed you stand a better chance of getting it back but I doubt he did.

An hopefuly he had passwords protecting any sensitive data.

sorry, but I couldn't find any on ebay at that location. I am glad you posted that so I could try to help you out. I wasn't doing much at school so that sort of made the time go by.

We haven't had anybody fired recently, we did have one person quit but that person would not have a key. I have looked on ebay, but craigslist is blocked here. My guess is it will be formatted and sold because they probably won't know what to do with Novell. Nor will they care most likely.

Has it been reported to the police? an why not check out the local 2nd hand shops.

Police do nothing in this country. Useless. Absolutely Useless.

Your best bet imo is like chris said, keep your eye open in the 2nd hand shops. But you will have a job convincing them its your CEO's laptop...

Police do nothing in this country. Useless. Absolutely Useless.

Your best bet imo is like chris said, keep your eye open in the 2nd hand shops. But you will have a job convincing them its your CEO's laptop...

This is a BLATENT LIE. The police give stupid traffic tickets and cite underage drinking all the time. They cant be bothered to stop real crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom