this posted yet? CompUSA closing for good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I new days ago... and im from england :D

Old news buddy... but we let you off because noone posted. :)

sure, it was dated about 5 or so days ago, that's why I asked ;) at home on 56k, I rarely check websites on the weekends

broadband is different :D

**** I could just about afford a ticket over there, grabs passport the brit is going to the states. *cue funny montage*

heh heh... CompUSA... owned by Carlos Slim Helu...

maybe I'm the only one who gets it...

They closed down in Minnesota maybe 6 months ago or so. Their close out deals sucked mostly since the discounts weren't taken off of sale prices and most of their merch is overpriced to begin with. The good deals were on software, all of which was 50% off. Copies of Vista were going for $50 at my local one. I figured it was only a matter of time until they were gone for good. You can't run a store like that with prices that high. People shopping for components will almost always just go to Newegg or another online site instead. Stores like Microcenter have the right idea. Huge inventory of parts and good prices (sometimes great prices). There's just no market for Compusa any more.

yup, compusa had ****** prices, therefore they were forced to shut down. If newegg opened a retail chain, it would give circuit city, best buy, and frys a run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom