this pisses me off so much

Excately the same at my school. (Seems to be with all Catholic schools) but why are you pissed, there the ones that aren't learning, wasting there parents money

JikuzeN said:
Excately the same at my school. (Seems to be with all Catholic schools) but why are you pissed, there the ones that aren't learning, wasting there parents money
here in canada school is free :) so is medicare :)

but my point is why do they get better marks than us even though they are stupid....

borat_sagdiyev said:
here in canada school is free :) so is medicare :)

but my point is why do they get better marks than us even though they are stupid....

Medicare is free here too, although school isn't haha. Don't worry, it still won't give them a good future... unless they acutally start to study hard.

borat_sagdiyev said:
ok well today we had a science test at school, and i studied so hard and stuff, and then theres those "not retarded but still have trouble learning" children. one of them being my friend, who doesnt have trouble learning but just failed some test back in grade 7 so he could do easier work. well anyway, we did the science test, and i had some trouble with some answers, and then he comes back from special ed and im like "how'd you do?", and then hes like "i got 100% cuz i was allowed to look into the textbook". i got so angry that they are allowed to look into the textbooks. im not saying that the "regular" learning people should be allowed to, im just saying why should the learning disability people be allowed to??

I totally agree on that, I mean whats the point if you are allowed to use the textbook. ofcourse you would get 100%!

Well done to you for studying and doing it properly though, what grade did you get?

Yeah lets not give those kids that find it difficult to learn, that may need to learn in a different way, a chance......

I understand your point of view, but in my line of work you see so many people that are illiterate because they weren't given different opportunities to learn differently you have to accept that for some people the normal everyday learning style is not suited to them, it does not make them less intelligent or more intelligent, but they just need to approach it in a different way.

I will give you an example in this country there has been a huge push on people going to uni over the last ten years, you have to have a degree, what this has led to is tens of thousands of unemployed students with a useless degree which will never do them any good. Whereas there has been a decline and huge gaps in certain areas, what was considered manual labour, such as chippies, sparkies etc...

The idea was that to get on in life you needed to have that degree, yet some of my mates, work as sparkies and earn more then me, and I consider myself to have a good job....so before you open your mouth think about it all, not everyone is intelligent in the conventional sense but taught in the right way, can certainly show that they have greater skills and intelligence then many of us.

in semester 1 my english teacher that i got this semester put the answers to some of the ?'s on the board because they didnt cover it and people all failed that section.is that cheating if u look at the board and ur teacher didnt cover it??

btw:got my semester 1 report card.had a 74 average! :D

David Lindon said:
I totally agree on that, I mean whats the point if you are allowed to use the textbook. ofcourse you would get 100%!

Well done to you for studying and doing it properly though, what grade did you get?
didnt get the test back yet :)

GlasseyeUK said:
Yeah lets not give those kids that find it difficult to learn, that may need to learn in a different way, a chance......

I understand your point of view, but in my line of work you see so many people that are illiterate because they weren't given different opportunities to learn differently you have to accept that for some people the normal everyday learning style is not suited to them, it does not make them less intelligent or more intelligent, but they just need to approach it in a different way.

I will give you an example in this country there has been a huge push on people going to uni over the last ten years, you have to have a degree, what this has led to is tens of thousands of unemployed students with a useless degree which will never do them any good. Whereas there has been a decline and huge gaps in certain areas, what was considered manual labour, such as chippies, sparkies etc...

The idea was that to get on in life you needed to have that degree, yet some of my mates, work as sparkies and earn more then me, and I consider myself to have a good job....so before you open your mouth think about it all, not everyone is intelligent in the conventional sense but taught in the right way, can certainly show that they have greater skills and intelligence then many of us.

Nobody said that we shouldn't give them a chance. Yes, people learn in different ways, that's fine. What isn't fine is being allowed to look through a textbook during a TEST, that's helping noone.

troy272 said:
I don't use cheat seats either because I just don't need them and like you said that's cheating and doesn't help your brain.

ditto. well, most of the time. THe only time i use a "Cheat sheet" is when we have an essay as part of the test. BUt even then i dont write the entire essay and copy it, i just write an outline to guide me in the test.

My freshman year was totally different (i'm now a juinor). I would have used any chance that came my way to cheat. But now, i know what i want to do and where i want to go to college (Milwaukee School of Engineering) and they are famous for being hard. If i didn't get used to using all of my brain now, i'd be dropping out in week 1.

like it was said before, he's only cheating himself. He'll regret it while he's flipping burgers, or cleaning up sick at a local theme park while your sitting in a nice chair earning yourself a good living.

Back
Top Bottom