This made me mad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
aparently he linked all the videos that are hosted on other sites in one big compilation.......wow...so illegal

NOOOOOO I watched super bad in my class using that website on the projector screen with a substitute. The whole class was dying when watching that movie.

Anyway that sucks.

Chris and I are planning to jump the people who shut down TV-Links... whose in?

sounds fun. but the ppl who busted him are pretty powerful. Dan anyone say DDOS attack?

Quote:

This effectively makes the entire internet illegal. I don't know enough about copyright law in England, but clearly the justice system is broken. Google, which is actually hosting the copyrighted content, is untouchable. Don't forget that Google's YouTube service only became more popular than rival video sites because of it's benefit-of-the-doubt copyright policy (which has only just recently been replaced by a content filtering system, now that it has become a high-profile target). They just have so much money that they have become above the law. Instead, the EU's version of the MAFIAA has backed a trade union, the Federation Against Copyright Theft, which did policework and created a case to arrest a man who led a community-based content sharing site. Copyright laws do not protect citizens, they prosecute them on behalf of rich copyright cartels.

There isn't much info about this right now, only a single brief article from the Guardian, but it's going to be really interesting to see what happens when more details emerge. Linking is Not A Crime! Free The 26 Year Old Man From Cheltenham!

so true. Reminds me of the free kevin movement.

I was wondering why it wasn't up yesterday night. I watch stuff on their all the time! I'm seeing an awful trend lately of people being getting in trouble for stuff like this and I just don't understand it. It's not any different than video taping a show of off TV and that was declared perfectly legal a long time ago. LINKING IS NOT A CRIME! This whole thing is total BS!

i know... if they do this.. they should shut down tudou.com, Youtube, and torrent sites... they just take the cheap shots..

exactly.

who in their right mind would try to sue youtube?

btw, if tvlinks was shut down because it was linking videos, shouldn't google be sued and shut down for doing the same thing? thats what their video search is. it brings in videos from other different places.

(or am i understanding this wrong?) either way, bullcrap.
these copyright people need to quit getting so uptight about stuff.
people WILL ALWAYS find ways to get around copyrights, its a fact of life at this point.
They still make millions of dollars. ugh. people make me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom