this isn't supposed to happen anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the super glue thing works wonders for finger-picking bass players... just don't apply it when you have blisters or open blisters lol. otherwise, take a break and play with a pick for a while.

I learned clasical fingerpicking on a nylon stringed my first year playing, I quickly realized I couldnt play 30 mins on steel stringed acoustic without some burn, when I do play anymore, Im always swithing off with a pick to save my pansy hands from harm.

Crysalis said:
not blisters, calluses. I never got blisters, they just became raw. Trust me, if you practice like I do, you'd get the same.

wat level u play at, can u play fantasie impromptu? if u can ur my idol.

well i've got open blisters now, i poked a hole in them and tried ripping them open so watever's inside isnt like a balloon so...

yea i've got some krazy glue around, might try that later, i love playing finger, and im playing my 5 string bass only now since a string broke on the 4 the other day and i cant stand playing pick too often, much less on the 5 than the 4

lol i've played piano for 9 years...and my fingers have gotten raw a few times..but not many....but when i switched to the guitar (bass and 6 string steel) i got a lot...but it's not bad now i got some masive calluses but i play the guitar for about 2hrs a day...(i'm in love :D) very rarely do they hurt

ya cut em on the left...keep em on the right...the right hand finger nails can be used as finger picks :D

nah, cuz when ur pulling the strings towards u and releasing(thumb is either raised or resting on the pickup while ur index, middle and sometimes rarely ring finger) and fingernails really get in the way. its like hitting a speed bump in a car going 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom