this isn't supposed to happen anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
So i've been playing bass guitar for over a year and a half now, and this usually happens right after you start playing(especially fingerpickers) that you get blisters on your fingertips, and i've played almost every day since i started but now they're coming back, which actually shouldn't happen cuz its never happened before but they BURN!

oh buddy, you got a while yet. You'll get blisters for a long time. I play the piano and it took me probably 2-3 years until my fingers callused. Its just a tiny bit, but its just enough.

Are you playing any differently? Longer? New strings?

not blisters, calluses. I never got blisters, they just became raw. Trust me, if you practice like I do, you'd get the same.

If you play fast and hard I would say your fingers are going to be hitting other keys when moving your hands and that will make them sore....

i never got them playing guitar just bass on my picking hand, these are actually old strings, maybe playing a bit faster than usual(trying to finish up metallica's seek and destroy) i guess that could be, it just seems a little unusual since i haven't had any for a year and a half(when i started playing)

Smear a little superglue on the tips of your fingers. This makes artificial callouses, and makes it a lot easier to play for extended periods of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom