This is just sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterhuang913

Retired.
As some of you may heard or read in the past week, there was an article talking about how advocating the fight against child perversion. and sex offenders. This is the article.

Here's a line from the article:
“Billboards and posters show an adult hand holding a child's hand, with the words: ‘It doesn't feel right when I see them together.

Now this might be a good thing. Just like the views on creationism, some people advocate this, others don't.

But what really hits it home for me and what makes me realize that I need to write up this thread was another article I had read today. This is the article.

Here's a line from the article:
On Nov. 28, 2002, 2-year-old Abigail Rae died by drowning in a village pond in England. Her death is currently stirring debate because the ongoing inquest revealed an explosive fact. A man passing by was afraid to guide the lost child to safety because he feared being labeled "a pervert."

The phrase "a pervert" obviously links back to the first article in some form of context or relation. This really makes me think, what have we become as a society? Think about this: what happens to you if you just randomly say hello to somebody on the streets? You would either get a delayed and puzzled response or even an awkward one.

The truth is, we as a people, really need to think about our priorities. We really need to see what society has become and see the way we think about each other.

If a child was drowning, would you risk going to jail to save him? Think about it...

Does that mean the man saw the child in the water or just lost around the water? Anyway I would have helped the kid because I don't really care about what people call me. It's sad that the man's ego came before the child's life.

Does that mean the man saw the child in the water or just lost around the water? Anyway I would have helped the kid because I don't really care about what people call me. It's sad that the man's ego came before the child's life.

Consider what happened to Abby. The toddler wandered from her nursery school, Ready Teddy Go, through a door left open. A bricklayer named Clive Peachey drove past her in his truck. At the inquest, he stated, "I kept thinking I should go back. The reason I didn't was because I thought people might think I was trying to abduct her."

the child was just around

Article on the man's story
Article on child

Quote from latter article
Abigail Rae was found in freezing water
wow...i just read this and it sucks the child died from drowning and hypothermia.

On Nov. 28, 2002, 2-year-old Abigail Rae died by drowning in a village pond in England. Her death is currently stirring debate because the ongoing inquest revealed an explosive fact. A man passing by was afraid to guide the lost child to safety because he feared being labeled "a pervert."
The phrase "a pervert" obviously links back to the first article in some form of context or relation. This really makes me think, what have we become as a society? Think about this: what happens to you if you just randomly say hello to somebody on the streets? You would either get a delayed and puzzled response or even an awkward one.

The truth is, we as a people, really need to think about our priorities. We really need to see what society has become and see the way we think about each other.

If a child was drowning, would you risk going to jail to save him? Think about it...
Things like the child protection act is a 2 way sword. In situations like that, you are screwed if you do some thing, and you are screwed if you don't/

The problem is that when it comes down to the people that enforce the child protection act, they have a habbit of shooting first and asking questions later.
I am scout leader. And I was talking with some of the other leaders last years about how some of the laws are gong towards protection of minors. The problem that we have is that we have to protect the well being of minor, and we have to protect ourselves.

The problem with the getting labeled a pedophile is that it rather damaging. I know of 2 people's lives that got totally rooted because they wrongfully accused or having a situation get blown out of proportion by some child's over active imagination.

Parents are the worse I'm afraid in this, not all but some. I myself am also a explorer leader (next up from scout) and I know of one person who had to get this child mucking about in another room, he went in and told the kid to get out and bam adult saw told the parent, all the parents found out jumped to a conclusion and life ruined.

I think it's disgusting that we're all so trigger happy over this stuff but I had no idea it was so bad in some places. Regardless, I would've helped the lost kid. Worst case scenario, I could've lived being wrongly labeled a pervert. But I couldn't live with myself if I had done nothing and the child had died.

The problem is that when it comes down to child safty, both the media and the parents love to blow things out of proportion.

Freind of mine is a high school teacher. He had a livejournal account. One day, 2 of his students found it and started picking the **** out of it. Day One, he had 2 girls in his class making remarks about is current girl friend. Okay... ha ha. Very funny. Lets get on with it.
However it just got worst. Eventually at lot of his student found out about his livejournal account and started to pick the **** out of it. Including this remark that he made about 2 of his students being "f***ing idiots" for doing some thing stupid. He did not name these students, however if you were there in the class where the event he discribed happened, you would of known how he was talking about.
About a week later, the school just told him to remove any remarks about school off his live journal account and issue a formal apology to the parents of the students involved with that remark.
At this stage, you think every thing was over..... WRONG!!!
The District Department found out about it as put him on suspension with pay while he was 'under investigation'. For about 6 weeks, he had to go to the districtict office each day where he would sit in a room and do nothing while the police and the child protection act look at his life with a microscope.
Mean while at the school, there was a lot of romors going around that he was a pedophile and that he mounted a camera in the girls change room and all sorts of BS that he did not do. In fact one of the romor about the canera in the girls change room did make the local radio station.

6 week later, the department let him return to work where he had students and parents treated him like he was the scum of the earth. 1 day later, he applied for a compasionate transfer to another school in another district as he knew that this would not go away.

And all this was because of making a silly remark about 2 of his student.

I don't know how in a situation someone can come to the conclusion they might be called a pervert for saving someones life. to me thats a very self centered individual who obviously only cares about themself.

Btw the a big percent of lost childs is caused by child perversion. Fortenately, here in Greece all the popular TV chanells commit to the "ABER ALERT" programme which frequently shows details of lost childs and ways of contacting their parents if the child is found or for any useful information, this programme has started a few months ago owing to a sequence of kidnapped or lost childs that were found dead after months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom