this is a typo, isn't it...?

Yes, it is. There is no 5.2GHz. 5200+ is just the model and does not correspond to frequency.

its a 2.6ghz dual core processor, not 5.2ghz. they are falsely advertising it like so many other people do to sell stuff on ebay.

It's not false advertisement really, just misunderstanding of the product. I bet if you complained you could get the priced reduced for a misunderstanding of the product that the person is selling.

I thought that the numbers such as 5200 meant that they were comparable to a pentium 4 in the sense that they run as fast as a pentium 4 with that frequency but they really use a different clock frequency like 2GHZ or something.

if you could overclock a processor to 5.2 stabily, that would be amazing, i dont think they can right now, but im really not sure... i think thats way out of the reach of processor's right now

spywarebanisher said:
lol. but for the 5.2 ghz one, isnt it able to be overclocked to that speed? it might not be a typo or fake

it's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Model:5200+, if I searched it at Newegg correctly, it's 2.6 ghz and roughly $200 (maybe the wrong processor...?)...

I googled it and it came up on a different site for roughly $400...

I would think any processor that could reach 5 ghz (overclocked or not) would cost a bit more...

just sayin'...

Back
Top Bottom