"this device can perform faster.....

gmt

Baseband Member
if you connect it into a USB 2.0"

i get this popup everytime i put my ipod into my charger (which is connected to a USB hub, which is connected to my computer)

i don't care that the usb hub slows down the performance of my USB-devices, i just want this freaking popup to go away. anyone know how i can disable it?

lhuser>> language cleaness is the top priority :) Avoid swearing :)

Please watch your language.. :)

The easiest way to get rid of the popup is to make your computer USB 2.0 compatible if the USB hubs are (most are). Are you running Service Pack 2 for XP? Or, are you even running XP?

I get this message too with my jump drive... Basicaly all you can do is make your computer compatible with usb 2.0, like Bahawolf...

I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with mine, but when I do it in an older version of Windows it doesn't appear so I think its just a Xp message box...

Anyway there's basically not much you can do, gmt. :(

TweakUI for XP (Microsoft Power Toys) has a function that allows you to disable ALL tool tip balloon pop ups, the only draw back in this instance is the ALL. If you are happy not to have any balloon pop ups then give it a try.

To my eyes, it seems that either the USB device is 1.1 compliant or your motherboard is 1.1 compliant. I don't really know where this thing comes from, but it's annoying. TweakUI would do the job.

thanks for the info. guys,

btw, im running XP SP2.
and i guess in relation to having ALL my balloon tip popups gone, this meesly one isn't so bad.

Back
Top Bottom