This app can't run on your PC

mode

Baseband Member
Hello!
I have problems with various apps to run in my PC. The PC is installed with win 8.1 64bit. When I want to run some of the app, the message come as "this app can't run on your PC" it means the app can't open.
I tried to check the "smart screen setting", I see its ok!
So please; what could be the possible reason (s) and how to fix this?

Possibly, upgrade to Windows 10. 8.1 is old hat now. Perhaps tell us what the the apps are that wont run. Try running the apps in administrator mode. Right click the app icon and select "run as administrator."

Possibly, upgrade to Windows 10. 8.1 is old hat now. Perhaps tell us what the the apps are that wont run. Try running the apps in administrator mode. Right click the app icon and select "run as administrator."
I tried to run as administrator, but still the problem persist.
One the of program that don't run is "wondershare video converter".

Did these apps previously run on that machine?

Is it possible that they are 16-bit apps? 16-bit apps can run on a 32-bit machine but can't be used on a 64-bit machine.

Did these apps previously run on that machine?

Is it possible that they are 16-bit apps? 16-bit apps can run on a 32-bit machine but can't be used on a 64-bit machine.
Yap! these apps worked good before, but recently the problems arose from many apps.

Sounds like a update did something to the apps. Happens. Trick is remembering when you started having the issue and then check as to what updates went right before that started. One or more updates maybe screwed it up. Happens..

Sounds like a update did something to the apps. Happens. Trick is remembering when you started having the issue and then check as to what updates went right before that started. One or more updates maybe screwed it up. Happens..
Exactly, after updating things started to get worse. How to fix then!

You could try a system restore to where it started or go into windows update and find those that were installed and delete. If that fails i would do a system reset. Don't know if you have the disc that has the os or if it on a partation. The option should be there to reset or fix windows. Other than that, i would scrup the drive and put a new copy of windows on the computer. Just backup your files and apps and after just install them back into the computer. Its a pita but that is life with a computer.

You could try a system restore to where it started or go into windows update and find those that were installed and delete. If that fails i would do a system reset. Don't know if you have the disc that has the os or if it on a partation. The option should be there to reset or fix windows. Other than that, i would scrup the drive and put a new copy of windows on the computer. Just backup your files and apps and after just install them back into the computer. Its a pita but that is life with a computer.
OK! Let me try. [emoji120] [emoji120]

Back
Top Bottom