Thinking of getting a PS3

Xtreme2damax

Baseband Member
Since there is going to be a new Twisted Metal game, I've been thinking of picking up a PS3. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some games and accessories for the PS3. I am aware of the Playstation Move, but I was wondering if there are any other decent accessories worth considering?

I would recommend you get a PS3 from ebay or gumtree.co.uk if you want to find a cheap PS3.

I havent had any experience with the PS3 move, None of my friends have it and I have seen very little of it on the net + TV, So I guess its not worth getting??

Games, What sort of games do you like?? My favourites on the console are

-COD Black Ops
-Starwars Unleashed 2
-LOTR Conquest
-C&C Red Alert

umm, First of all i have ps3 move it is totally worth it. it is the ONLY 1 to 1 motion controller.
Some games that you should consider are
- Killzone 3
- uncharted series
- infamous series

Twisted Metal, Ratchet and Clank, God of War would be my reasons for buying a PS3. I am also interested in games such as Heavy Rain, Demon's Souls, Heavenly Sword and other games. For accessories I was referring to controllers or any other accessory worth purchasing. Right now I'm stuck between considering a PS3 or the upcoming PSVita.

A headset is worth getting to be honest. You can get a decent one for about £10-£15 ($20). It comes with a charger, and it wirelessly (via bluetooth) connects to your PS3. You can hear people talk, and talk back to them. Also stops random people shouting through the t.v or speakers if you are playing online (Although you can mute them anyway).

There are more expensive headsets you can get that plays everything (game sound as well as voices from other players) but you can at least double your cost of the headset then (probably triple) but not worth it, unless you are happy to fork that money out. Definately go with a cheapish headset though, as they seem to be fairly reliable and add a lot to your gaming experience online.

Ratchet and clank is online at the moment as a free download as well as another game as part of 'refunding' players for the playstation network being down. If you know any they might be able to grab that for free for you, or I'm not sure if you get a PS3 now if you can still capitalise on the offer.

Nothing else I can think of off the top of my head accessories wise.

Personally, I would get an Xbox.
Sony has been the target of major hacker groups lately and your information on the PSN is definitely going to get stolen.

I probably would only be playing single player games, unless signing into PSN is a requirement to play any games. I sure hope it isn't, because I don't really need a PSN account.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

I probably would only be playing single player games, unless signing into PSN is a requirement to play any games. I sure hope it isn't, because I don't really need a PSN account.

Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

You're welcome :)
By the way, many games have XBox counterparts, so maybe you should look into that.

But it's mostly the PS3 exclusives I'm interested in. Those PS3 games that have Xbox counterparts probably have PC counterparts as well and I already have a gaming PC with a ton of games.

But it's mostly the PS3 exclusives I'm interested in. Those PS3 games that have Xbox counterparts probably have PC counterparts as well and I already have a gaming PC with a ton of games.

I see. Probably because the XBox uses Microsoft's APIs and whatever and so it's easy to port PC games to it and vice versa.

Well, those I know who have PS3s love them. I recommend getting the Slim however because many of the older ones have a ylod problem where you have to take it apart and do some stuff with no guarantee of it not doing it again.

Back
Top Bottom