thinking of buying a new monitor

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
right now i have a monitor back from '98, maybe earlier, and i have a X1950 graphics card, its outdated since its already 2 generation of graphics card behind, but the graphics are still amazing. So im thinking of getting an LCD Flat screen, which people said it would definitely improve the detail of the graphics if it were in DVI and not VGA converted to DVI. I saw one at circuit city for $169.99, its an Hanns-G HW173DBB 17" Widescreen Monitor, and not sure if its a good deal or not.
heres the link
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Hann...79327/catOid/-12965/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
i would buy one on newegg since they do sell computer stuff pretty cheap, but i dont really trust the shipping thing and having dead pixels and having to RMA things and all that process. so im only going to buy it in stores, in case something a wrong with it. i know some stores dont allow returns on dead pixel.
if you guys know another place where i could buy a monitor for cheap, please let me know, i live in colorado if that helps. btw i want one that has an DVI input.
thanks in advance

Hanns-G akes a nice monitor, but that one has a rather high response time of 8ms. For Gaming and videos, you want something with 5ms or lower.

For the same price, you can get the Hanns·G HW-191DPB Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD at Newegg. It has a faster response time, higher contrast ratio, and is 2" larger.

As for shipping, I recently purchased my Acer 19" widescreen from Newegg and it arrived in perfect shape.

I Converted from CRT to LCD Not that long ago,and the detail is amazing in the LCD Monitors.My Parents have the model down from that and its pretty good,although i do recomend THIS Monitor,This is my monitor,its about the same price and when you compare the 2,the LG Pwns :D. It has no DVI Though,But it's still absolutely flawless :D

I bought my ACER 22" Widescreen monitor for 140 dollars, there are definitely better deals out there, just keep browsing online retailers, I think OfficeMax is selling a 20" widescreen Sceptre monitor for 155 dollars after rebates. 2ms 1680x1050 native res, much better deal.

It is not true at all that LCDs have better detail. If anything, it is CRTs that have better detail. They have better contrast ratios, can reach higher resolutions/refresh rates and AFAIK don't have response times like LCDs. They just take up so much space. I swapped my 17" LCD for a 22" CRT about two weeks ago and I definitely prefer the CRT.

I Will have to dis-agree with you there,Refresh rates dont affect LCD Monitors like the old CRT (The Higher the better).Also,Some CRT's dont have higher resolutions,it just depends on the age and how good the CRT is.Also,i think that LCD's are easier to read text from.

you sure officemax needs a rebate for the Sceptre? the site doesnt say anything about rebates....
that is a pretty good deal, my friend has one, let me tried it, and the details were AMAZING!
he uses the monitor to play his 360 because he said it has HD.
think there would be any good deals at presidents day?

I will suggest any one to go for Toshiba.Toshiba, as they call it, is driven by the word Innovation. It has given a new carrying design of USB Mobile LCD Monitor. It comes with a dual-purpose custom-fitted carrying case, which protects your monitor as well as supports it as a stand. It is a perfect travelling companion.

Back
Top Bottom