Thinking of a new laptop

BK - My experiences with HP are hit or miss - having HP repair certification I've seen the crap they try to pass off as working on their business units. That said, if there's one with good reviews I'm not going to say no to it.

My experience with HP/Compaq have been up and down, Had a laptop with a broke screen, Sent it off to be repaired and they sent it back with the wrong cover without the eye for the webcam.

Maybe check out some Lenovo's too. They are a good brand as well.

Last edited:
BK, that is a nice one as well.

As for price, as you can see by what I linked it's not a hard set line :)

I'll have to dive into those links after work tonight.

Found out today that one of my co-workers has a viao that's similar to the one I linked to and he likes it. If I can get him to bring it in we'll see what I think of it.

Just to update this - JM I looked at what they had, but nothing jumped out at me there.

I did end up buying one similar to what I linked to. I was able to build something similar on Sony's site (upgraded to pro for media center and got a larger battery) for the same price.

Picked up an 8GB kit of RAM (I'd rather have a matched pair than just trust two single 4-GB sticks) and a 250GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and an optical drive adapter so now it's just a waiting game.

On the plus side, if this works well for m, I'll be able to convince my work to let me buy something similar (larger HDD & SDD space and battery would be needed) for work in a few months when I'm out of the start-period probation and can choose a better computer.

Back
Top Bottom