Thinking about starting to build a new PC this summer. But I have questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zefrik

Solid State Member
Well my computer is starting to age so I am now thinking about the idea of building a new pc. I am 17 and I am looking at getting a summer job. I am hoping that I can set aside a bit of cash to build a new computer. That being said I won't have much money to pour into it. I also have limited experience building computers as well. With my first build a couple years ago I had to take it in to a computer repair shop to have a couple of things fixed. So I really didn't go through the entire process of building a computer on my own. I would like to be able to do it completely by myself this time around.

Questions:

- Since I am on a budget, would you recommend I do an AMD based system?
- Could I use my current hard-drive with windows 7 and everything on it, or do I need to buy a new hard-drive and start from scratch?

I will post some of the parts I am thinking about later to see if they are all "compatible" with each other.

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

If you are looking at building more than a month away, it would be best to wait until that time to post up a build. Things can be quite variable and won't do you much good until then. I would post up a build a few days before you plan on ordering so that we can help you find combo deals and discounts to maximize the build.

when you are ready: post what your budget it, and what 'extras' you need. mouse, keyboard monitor? you mentioned windows 7... was it a retail copy?

amd or intel? depends on what you mean by 'budget'

I would recommend against reusing a hard drive that is more than a few years old. They tend to wear out after about 5 years in my experience, and you wouldnt want to bottleneck the computer based on that 1 part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom