Things that just aren't right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiled people are aplenty here, especially since there are a ton of people from out-of-town (mainly from wealthier communities).

My friends, however, could care less; they are happy just the way they are. I had this conversation a couple months ago with a female friend of mine:

Myself: So, where would you prefer someone to take you on a date?
Her: Haha i dunno; a trip to taco bell and maybe just a movie afterwards.
Myself: Are you ******* serious?
Her: Yep definitely. I try not to spoil myself.

She also happens to be one of those people who doesn't care at all about her appearance (i.e. most of the time she doesn't even wear makeup), yet still would look attractive to most.

NewCents05 said:
wow someone got bit by the jealousy bug...

not sure who exactly you are refering too, but if it's me then my opinion is far from jealousy.

Here let me plead my case and support my opinion:

This kid with the porsche boxster, he actually is one of our summer helpers for the tennis camp. Very, nice kid... but has absolutely no sense of responsibility. His mother got him the job here, because their family spends outrageous amounts of money here each year. So we gave him a summer job. He's scheduled to work monday - friday from 9-2:00pm.

Monday - Called in at 10:30am said he over slept and couldn't make it in.

Tuesday - Showed up at 12:00pm and said, "He thought his schedule said 12pm."

Wednesday - Showed up on time, yet he begged the head pro to leave early and did.

Thursday - He didn't show up. (gave some lame excuse and seemed to not care.)

Friday (today) - He showed up on time, yet he asked to leave early because he was going on vacation.

He's scheduled to work 25 hours each week / he only did 9 hours this week, last week was 11.

Because this kid gets whatever he wants, he sees no reason to have to work? Why should I? 9 hours will barely pay for gas for may-be a week in his car. His parents want him to work in the summer, yet he does everything to find ways not to work.

Buy the Kid a $55k porsche...

That kind of stuff with rich people spoiling their children, doesn't really bother me at all. I just say to my self "Man, that is one lucky kid!". I may have a little jealousy, that's just human nature, but I don't let it bother me. I just let it push me to become a better person and be more successful than my parents. Then I can spoil myself and rest on my achievement. :D

On another note, my cousin just got denied a higher position to someone else who had no experience, but he knew the manager. That's life right there. :confused:

HAVOC2k5 said:

Because this kid gets whatever he wants, he sees no reason to have to work? Why should I? 9 hours will barely pay for gas for may-be a week in his car. His parents want him to work in the summer, yet he does everything to find ways not to work.

well you have to work cause youre not spoiled. but since he is he doesnt have to work and i kinda doubt he pays for his own gas and why does he need to work he probably has everything he wants anyway so its just extra money for nothing. i dont see whats the big deal i mean its the parents choice and i guess if they can spend that kind of money on their kid then so be it. hes just lucky i guess

Law said:
On another note, my cousin just got denied a higher position to someone else who had no experience, but he knew the manager. That's life right there. :confused:

See, now that's just not right. Things like that get to me.
I don't mean like I can't function and get all worked up, but I certain say a few profanities and shake my head.

well i also hate the fact that the world revolves around money
people say money isnt everything well it is to be able to survive in this world.

Have you ever seent that show sweet 16 on mtv, now those kids are SPOILED. There getting parties that are costing upwards of $200,000+, and getting convertibles/bentleys/escalades, this one girl got 2 VEHICLES a Mistubishi SUV, and a Mitsubishi Spyder GT or something like that.

I mean cmon a 16 year old girl, she probably wrecked both of the cars by now.

yea and lil romeo has his own house next to his dad instead of his own room so thats life some people are fortunate and some people arent move on and ignore it

Ridlyn said:
Have you ever seent that show sweet 16 on mtv, now those kids are SPOILED. There getting parties that are costing upwards of $200,000+, and getting convertibles/bentleys/escalades, this one girl got 2 VEHICLES a Mistubishi SUV, and a Mitsubishi Spyder GT or something like that.

I mean cmon a 16 year old girl, she probably wrecked both of the cars by now.

Nope she locked her self out at the local starbucks twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom