Things before upgrading from vista to windows 7 please help!

Johnnydaman

Beta member
I am getting a Windows 7 upgrade for Christmas and i want it to be a "fresh" install but i have read that you cant do this. I have been told that if i want to do this i will have to reformat the disk . If i do reformat the disk, will it go back to be as fast as it was when i first got it?

Also, there is a few files like some pictures and microsoft word 2007 that i would want to keep. Is there any way to backup these before i reformat the disk?

also, any tips before upgrading? thanks

You will have to drag your pictures to a usb drive.
You will have to re-install word and any other programs.
If you have a funny hardware, you might have to get the drivers.
A foremat is a must.

Just use the easy transfer wizard, its built into vista, it will coppy your documents, explorer favourites, backgrounds etc, once 7 is installed then just restore from your flash drive or partition etc, as mentioned above you will need to re-install your programs, the easy transfer wizard will tell you what was on previously and also tell you if its back on, sort of a checklist.

as the others said, backup your data, then format and install 7. Your install will be a fresh one so you will need to reinstall all hardware drivers and programs installed Office and so on

Back
Top Bottom