Thermostat or Furnace?

I took some pictures of my thermostat

DSC00323.jpg

and here is the close-up
DSC00324.jpg

The wiring labels goes from 'Rh' Rc' 'W' 'Y' 'G' if you can't quite read it.

EDIT - I don't think those blue and green wires are connected to anything, they weren't connected to my old thermostat.

Looks right. So the thermostat says the temp is X degrees, and you set it to run at X+whatever (try 10 for testing it) and it doesn't turn on? Fan is on Auto (maybe try high?) and its selected heat too?

What did the old one look like and how did it work?

This was how the old one was connected
DSC00328.jpg

This is the new one, and as you can see, there is a little flame symbol. I switched the Fan from Auto to On, and it didnt make a difference.
DSC00326.jpg

And even when I up the temp (Tried 70-82 (max)), my furnace doesn't turn on
DSC00327.jpg

hmmm... one thing I notice is there is a dot when it is at 72. Any clue what that is for?

And I spy a Rc to Rh jumper. You might wanna put one in the new one.

That appears when I am adjusting the temperature to what I want. I am assuming it's telling me that I am on the screen of setting the temp and not on the screen that displays the actual temp.

Haha... I hit edit after your reply....

Anyways, I'll say it again so you notice: I spy a Rc to Rh jumper. You might wanna put one in the new one. Some googling makes me pretty sure that this is the problem.

Well, I don't know how, but after I redid the wires for about the 7th, my brother started to do what I did with the furnace, and it somehow started to work again.

Thanks for helping. :D
+1 for those that tried to help.

i see its working again, but maybe you'd hafto light the pilot light with a wood stove match? iv had to do that before.

Back
Top Bottom