Thermalright XP-120 of Zalman 7700CU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to decide on an aftermarket heatsink for the CPU i'll be getting, and I've heard GREAT things about both of these products. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience with either product?

Most of the issues I am aware of with these 2 heat sinks are their coverage area and their blockage of certain ports. One has to be careful with its long wingspan..

It's very important to consult the list of compatible mobos when considering either of these 2 solutions.

its about 1C cooler but the fan is gonna be louder becuase it is only 92mm rather than 120mm.

if i were u i would check which of these 3 would go on ur mortherboard. i think the zalman is 1-2C worse than the xp120 but the 120 is alot more because you have to buy the fan seperate. so its upto u.

aj2003, that's what I was thinking. I think that the difference between the three is very small, so I'm just going to go with whichever I can find cheapest.

no, dont get xp90c, its way to heavy, and not worth it over the xp90 even if it cools 1-3 degrees better. Its just not worth it. Get the xp90 with some AS5, make shur u burn in the AS5 before posting that ur not getting the temps u want :D

According to zalman, your motherboard, or evn CPU socket, are not supported by this heat sink. Your putting your money on the line trying it... I wouldn't risk it, unless someone else has done it.

Checking Thermalright right now... will report results in a moment.

EDIT

Cant find compatability list on their site... but the site also does not mention XP boards or CPUs. Just P4's and AMD 64's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom