Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
i bought a new cpu cooler
cooler master x-dream III
and arctic silver 5

installed it and temps still at 105 f
when will it go down?

Not quite positive, but I think it takes something like a week for the thermal gel to spread out and the temps to really fall to where they should be.

It varies from a few days, to a couple of weeks. It should gradualy go down to a good point.

You still have a alright(ish) temperature at idle, I think it is around 40*C?

it's really dependant on how often you are using your computer. The break in period is how long it will take the compound to melt completely and fill in all the gaps it possibly can. That is all different, from how long you use your computer, what kind of load it will be under, how often it is on and/or off, the type of cpu, etc...

Usually it is about a week, but you could speed it up by constantly having your cpu under a full load.

i left my computer on last night running sisift sandra burn in wizard
temps were peaking at about 118 is that ok?

by how much do you think the temps will drop after it sets in?
before i put on the new hsf my temps were
idle: 120F
load: 140F
so i think thats a damn good drop already and this is with my cpu running at 1.95ghz from 1.8ghz

What kind of cooling do you have on there? The heat transfer is not done by the compound, it is done by metal on metal contact. The compound is there to fill in the little gaps where there is no metal on metal compound.

It will burn it eventually. It's not like it's not going to burn in if you do something wrong, or dont do something at all. If you have it on there, and your computer is on, than it will do it's thing.

my cpu cooler is a
Cooler Master X-Dream III
I have 6 case fans
2 psu fans
1 gfx card fan
1 chipset fan
1 memory cooling kit with fan
1 pci card fan with an 80mm fan
1pci slot blower fan

yeah but i got a real on that cooler only paid six bucks shipped for it so im not complainning. Even if it only lowers my temps a couple degrees. This is going to become my backup rig so when i put mine new rig together im gonna use water cooling

Wow... I've never really looked at the zalman before, and it looks like a beast. In all seriousness, I love my fan and heatsink... works extremely well, but if I ever needed a new one for some reason, I think I might just go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom