There is no hope for the human race

I gave up hope for the human race a long time ago.

It was when I was 10, I was in primary school.

On the news there was a story that a todler (Jame buldger) had been abducted, tortured and killed. (If I recall correctly killed was by way of a brick to the head or something like that).

The killers, (John venebles and Rogert Thomson) were the same ago as I was 10!

Now, (20 years later) the killers have been out of prison for some time, given new identities and the law persecutes those who try to uncover those new identities.

I don't understand how anyone can take a life of a child like that!

To be honest, I can't really recall a time when I've felt uber hopeful that the human race wasn't just a waste of space that just invents new and interesting ways all the time to kill and mame people or animals, or that those who are placed in a position of trust don't abuse it etc...

that's what I like about computers, they mostly do what you tell them to do and generally don't hurt anybody!!

The prison won't be kind to them. The convicts absolutely hates child molesters and child killers.

Aw, come on! You guys have heard the old saying, "1 bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch." Haven't you? Atrocious acts such as this don't speak well for certain members of the human race but certainly isn't representative of the whole race either.

It's hard for the news outlets to sensationalize something as boring as an act of kindness but that doesn't mean those acts don't occur everyday and in larger quantities than the atrocities.

It speaks volumes about the state of the human race. We kill each other in cold blood every day. And for what? Money, power, possessions? These things mean nothing if you have to take a life to obtain them. And to take the life of an innocent child is a horrendous crime committed by low life scum.
An eye for an eye if you want to look at it that way. I agree with OhSnapWord.

Seti - I think you may have not done well in Logic class. :hide:

An act like this only speaks volumes about the individuals who did it, not the entire race. Think about all the people you know, then think about how many of them have done things like this. I'll bet you personally know people who have performed extremely selfless gestures but doubt you personally know anyone that has done anything in comparison to what these boys did. If it wasn't for TV, radio, internet, etc... media blitz you probably would have never heard of this particular act.

I did rather well in logic and flow charting. It's my strong feelings about such news items that make me feel we are hopeless as a race. Granted there're are acts of bravery and kindness every day around the world. Hero's abound. And you're right, those don't make the 6 o'clock news.
It's the darker side of man that gets attention.

As for not hearing about this if not for the news media, fair enough. I saw it on the local news here in the podunk town I'm in, in Mississippi. It was also on the ABC Morning News program. Hard to miss seeing it. Even the reporters were upset.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom