Their Tyring to stop linux no

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3554084.stm

Microsoft opens cut-price Windows
Windows XP product
Most of the world's PCs use Windows
Microsoft is to launch a cheaper version of its Windows XP operating system in an effort to halt the rise of low-cost Linux software.

im a fan of linux mostly knoppix because that is the only distro that ive used lol

Sadly it doesn't suprise me to be honest, this has been coming for years.

Microsoft can't equal Linux in the product, so they try and match up to them in the retail price to regain control. Bunch of IT fascists I tell ya. ;)

It does have a monopoly. But you forget most poeple that use linux are aware of what microsoft problems they encounter and I don't see many switching.

Windows will NEVER beat the Open-Source community. Sorry Bill, but Linux is made to beat your OS in every aspect. Better luck next time. ;)

JustinMcG67 said:
Windows will NEVER beat the Open-Source community. Sorry Bill, but Linux is made to beat your OS in every aspect. Better luck next time. ;)

not quite true.. linux is alot harder and way less compatable with software than windows.

so saying every aspect is a little far out..

thats what i was thinking. it's around $90 now, but i would say maybe $50. i think it's rather pointless. what do they mean by lower resolution graphics anyway? that is like the most stupidest thing to "cut" out of XP. .... wow, graphics? i just don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom