The Ultimate, "How To Build a Computer"

Yeah the gtx 280 does take an 8 pin and 6 pin, imagne getting the psu leads to run 3 of those in sli plus all the other usual kit

Not too bad, but you didn't mention m/board risers and Q9550 only has two physical cores so your X of thermal paste probably missed both of them as the cores would be to the left and right of the central cross of the X, that said they'd get coverage when the heatsink spread the TIM, you also used AS5 but never mentioned removing the stock TIM from the cooler.
;)

The thing that made me laugh the most was the DIMM slots, the pic with the Kingston they are Blue/Black, the text description is Yellow, Orange, Yellow, Orange and with the board in the case pic they are Blue/White

If your teacher isn't a geek you'll do fine

:D

My teacher is a women.... lol, an English teacher at that, so that's the opposite of a Geek pretty much, lol.

Yeah, I wrote the paper before the pictures were added... too lazy to edit it again, lol.

I forgot bout the risers...

The Q9550 is only a dual core with HT basically? What about the original C2Q, the Q6600? Is the i7 series the first real quad core?

Yep Core2Quad, Q6600 is the same.

Not 100% sure on Nehalem being the first "true" Intel quad I believe there may have been a server Xeon or Xenon that was first, but Nehalem is the first octocore thanks to four hyperthreaded cores.

Is it just me or is that a DDR3 stick of RAM being put into a DDR2 slot?

Other than that I thought the paper was well detailed.

Back
Top Bottom