The TMNT Anime....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Last night I found a torrent for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legend of the Supermutants anime.

bandwidthback.jpg

I thought that with the japanese being where Ninja's orginally came from, one would think plenty of kick *** ninja action......

KOF_Kei.gif
KOF_Kei.gif
KOF_Kei.gif

I THOUGHT
WRONG!!!

The first insult was that it seem that the studio did a mish mash of their own animation with the their own animation. The Turles, Splinter, April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang looks exactly the same as the 1989 cartoon. Howver they did complete redrew The Shredder.
In fact there is a lot of sceen where you got the japanese super imposed there animation ontop of the US 1989 animation. This really looks out of place as you have April O'Neil looking like your typical US animated female, where as you have this fair female fairy character which is a your typical Big-Eyes-Smal- Mouthed anime look.

However, to add more injury to insult to TMNT was the way they ****ed around with the turtle. They ****ing Power-Rangered all The Turtles, Sheeder, Bebop and Rocksteady by giving them this special stone that turns them super mutants being. The turtles looks now look a reject from the might morphing power rangers. And the make things worst, all four hereo's in a halfshell can mutate into urbar character.

Here the first 3 minutes of the show (which is about 2 minutes and 30 second more that what I bothered to watch before hitting the delete key)
YouTube - japanese teenage mutant ninja turtle o_O

The funny this is this. We have seen movies like The Ring, Grudge, Dark water, The Live Action Guyver Movies, Voltron 3D Demension and a few others, I normally I hear complaints about the anime crowd did not like the way that hollywood ****ed up some thing remake from Asia....
Welll, that is just nothing compaired to how the japanese can **** up some thing from the west.

Oh god this post gave me flash backs of the late 80's and early 90's.

Most attempts to cross the cultural barrier fail yea sure it took some ideas from Japanese history such a ninjas but it was far to alien to make a successful 180 and make it's way to japan.

yea that umm...ughhh...well..yea.lol..oyyeee...I was a very big fan of the turtles as well..I remember I had the entire sewer hang out playset thing..hah. That there..was torture though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom