The Sickest Pc Setup Ever!!or Close To It

wat do u think of this vga cooler??

• this is the best vga cooler availible!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a pretty good vga cooler

• to expensive! but ok

• this cooler sucks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
OK THE SICKEST PC WOULD HAVE TO BE A INTEL P4 HT 3.8GHZ OVERCLOCKED TO 4.8GHZ WATER COOLED SO IT WOULD RUN EXTRA STABLE!! 4GB OF DUAL CHANNEL PC3200 MEMORY... 3 RAIDED TOGETHER 36GB 15000RPM HARD DRIVES..DUAL SLI ATI RADEON X850XT 512MB.BOTH MEMORY OVERCLOCKED TO 1.3GHZ MEMORY WITH A BLOWER ATTACHED TO THE PC CASE VERY HIGH CFM... WITH THE PC RUNNING ON A AIR CONDITIONER MAYBE SOME DUCTING COME FROM THE FLOOR IN THE PC CASE SO IN THE CASE IT WAS LIKE 65F OR 70F 680WATT PSU.. AND 10 FOOT PROJECTOR SCREEN MONITOR ON THE WALL WITH SURROUND SOUND 2000 WATTS. AND T3 INTERNET HOOKED UP TO IT. WITH SOME GAMIN MOUSE OR KEYBOARD OR WATEVER.. WAT DO U GUYS THINK THIS RIG WOULD SCORE ON 3DMARK01?? AND 03 AND 05

dude sorry some things wrong there but yes great in theory:)

1. ssci drives go at 15k fastest sata is 10k

2.windows gets b*tchy when you go at or over 2gb of ram

3.Ati uses crossfire not Sli simmilar though

4.those 512 ati cards are just flash the more expensive 256meg with a better gpu is the best ati card at this time I think.The 512s are just to lure people thinking memory is the only thing that matters remember pipelines and the gpu are just as important.

I am not raggin on u so do not take this the wrong way.
And if this I a fantasy comp post I did not know.:)

yea the 512 memory is drawing people in to buying the card its really useless but it would still be cool to have topoff the line right i mean if i was rich. but no i would never buy 512mb video card only when graphics need it which is years from now

On water probably I remember somewere a guy got like 5or 6 ghz on liquid nitrogen.Not feasable 4 every day use I also can't remember what that type of o/c it is called.

yet another person fooled by clock speeds.
the Pentium 4 600 series are not very efficient in their clock speeds, the 3.73GHZ P4 actually gets outperformed by the previous 3.4 and sometimes the 3.2. that's not even bringing AMD into it

I would have to say you haven't really researched this much.

and matt2m: the cooling used on the P4 overclocked to 6GHZ was a triple cascaded vapour phase cooler. I think the same type of cooler was also used on the FX-55 overclocked to almost 4GHZ

vapour phase or phase change is the type, and they had 3 of them in cascade

and 4GB of RAM would not overclock very well at all. 2x256MB sticks probabbly overclock the best, however 2x512MB is optimal in terms of the performance you'd get, it would use less paging file however get close to the overclocks of 2x256.

also: 1cm, or 7/16 of an inch
that's how far away the caps lock key is

Ok here here a really good computer using todays technology. Not OC'd

Dual Core Intel EE 840
2gb's of DDRII @ 533
PCI-E 6800 Ultra
4x 120gb 15k rpm SCSI Ultra320 RAID 0

What are you going to do with it? Gaming? Then why intel??? Case in point: my friend just got a new laptop with an Athlon 64 3400+ In aquamark, it gets TWICE the score of my 3.0GHz Prescott. TWICE!

I'm not sure RAID0 does 4 drives...
That array is excessive for anyhting but a server. How loud would it be?

I would agree on Ultras (note the "s") regardless of everythign else though. Unless you want to wait and get the newer 7 series cards.

Personally, My dream system right now (within reason):
>Powerfull modular PSU with sleeved cables (cause I'm lazy)
>Fx-55
>DFI or asus mobo
>Water cooling
>1x 6800Ultra
>2GB premium ram
>74GB Raptor
>250GB+ Seconadary SATA
>Thermaltake Armor case
>Quality 19" LCD (black)

Vibration insulate everthing, and that thing would be very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom