The rapid decline in CF

Status
Not open for further replies.

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
Anyone else notice the sudden increase in crap post/posters and the rapid decline of anything worthwhile being posted, in particular crappybob and and his sidekick benokkema, antdemo to a lesser degree.

ffs I thought GhostFL was bad, these two may him appear relatively normal.

C'mon mods, where's the ban stick, I've seen perm bans handed out for less.

Honestly, this place is going to the dogs imo.

As long as topics spark the conversation and u post ur random threads in social section, like "Genital Herpes" lol (no harm intended Antdemo) I dont see a problem. But I do agree more intellectual conversations would be nice.

Talking about waste of a post/thread. Go read the thread I just created in the Software/Hardware (not the 'PSU Deal one' because that may actually help some people; it's a great deal really).

But yeah man, I agree. I think there should be an "Elite Lounge". Kind of like a moderator's lounge, but one for those who have been here a while and helped out the community. I know you can do this sort of stuff in vBulletin. You create groups right? The groups would be moderated by the mods and David (duh) and they'd add people who have been helping out. I guess we could do all the Guru's. I don't know, but I'd really enjoy a place where we can have a good intellectual talk.

Anyone else notice the sudden increase in crap post/posters and the rapid decline of anything worthwhile being posted, in particular crappybob and and his sidekick benokkema, antdemo to a lesser degree.

benokkema is not his sidekick, he made a joke to me, he wasnt trying to stick up for crappybob, even though that's what it looked like.

If you want to talk about intellectual topics then start some intellectual threads.

Perm bans for me helping people on this website? Get real. This isn't democratic underground for crying out loud. They ban real fast over there. :)

It's hard to start an intellectual topic when you have pricks posting crap all over. So far, most of the threads whose concern dealt with debates and deeper thinking have ended in flame wars or driven out of topic.

The problem with intellectual topics is they all seem to end the same. You don't change many peoples minds on the internet. Two guys just start going at it till one gets mad and

A: leaves
B: gets banned
C: the thread gets locked

I find information threads to be far superior because learning about something new can be enjoyed by everyone. That's why instead of abortion/death penalty/evolution I would rather see someone detailing how they made a tree house for their kids, or even them putting in a car stereo.

But if we want to have an intellectual topic about why there are no intellectual topics any more that would actually be a first for me. :)

An intellectual thread does not need to be one where parties must take sides, although most will be like that. It can be something as simple as debating new techniques of doing something.

When you say it's hard to change people's mind over the internet, while partially true, I think it's possible. If people took the time to spell everything correctly and write with vocabulary they can change peoples minds. I mean, look at ancient papers such as the Federalist Papers in the 1780s-1790s. The person writing them (mostly Alexander Hamilton) didn't ever see his audience face to face, yet he persuaded them into different views. I think so long you put the effort into it, an intellectual thread can be supported, but to keep it at a high level you need to separate those who will contribute and those who won't.

i like to be on intellectual threads where we trade info about cpu or graphics card, and whats their pros and cons. Changed my views of ATI vs nvidia, Intel vs AMD, etc.

Even when they get a ban, couldnt they just create a new account at their friends house, and do the same?

the "Elite Lounge" would be a good idea, i go to a forum thats like that, but its for something else.... i think it was having 100 spam free posts to get in.

I see your point when I read posts like this.

http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=845608&postcount=11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom