The random interesting facts thread

Olympic Style:

Austria's and the USA's national anthems don't say the name of the country in them.

The lighting of the torch and running it from Greece to the Olympics was actually started by Adolf Hitler before the 1936 games.

Each medal must be at least three millimeters thick and 60 millimeters in diameter. Also, the gold and silver Olympic medals must be made out of 92.5 percent silver, with the gold medal covered in six grams of gold.

London is the first city to host the Olympics 3 times.

I always find it interesting when one popular tv show started off on another popular tv show. So recently I learned that The Andy Griffith Show started off on The Danny Thomas Show. Now I wonder how many people are aware that Happy Days actually started off on Love American Style (the name of that segment titled Love and the Happy Days with Richie and Potsie).

I always find it interesting when one popular tv show started off on another popular tv show. So recently I learned that The Andy Griffith Show started off on The Danny Thomas Show. Now I wonder how many people are aware that Happy Days actually started off on Love American Style (the name of that segment titled Love and the Happy Days with Richie and Potsie).

I'm guessing being English had a lot to do with me not understanding any of that! :D

Steroids doesn't actually instantly give you muscles, you will still have to work for it, it just speeds up the process. Common misconception propagated by Hollywood movies, and Barry Bonds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom