The Official Inception Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
Since this is one of the bigger movies of the summer, and we are all tech related here, I think it's probably obvious that a lot of members here have been waiting for a spiritual successor to the Matrix films -- which has turned out to be Inception.

Who has seen it here, what are everyone's thoughts on it? Did it live up to the hype? Was it flawless? Did it have flaws? Was it Nolan's best film?

I'm just curious to see what peoples' opinions on here are, cause I have seen it and I came out of it with extremely strong opinions. If anyone would like to open up some discussion about this film, I would appreciate it.

(slightly spoilery - no plot stuff)

Watched, loved it! Watched it again the next day (not deliberately, I watched it with a group of friends one day and the next day a different group asked me to go and see a movie with them), and glad I did. It really needs seeing twice, unless you were very intently watching it the first time.
I loved everything about it, the plot was fairly complex (as summer blockbusters go) but interesting, the acting was good, the CGI was excellent (especially fight scenes where gravity changed), and there was a good mix of drama, romance, action and comedy (not so much comedy and romance, but it fulfilled a sensible quota). I totally recommend seeing it - especially twice ;)

No Spoilers please. But is this movie worth my $12 cinema dollars? Or is this movie just another special FX fest like the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films?

Thinking about seeing it on tomorrow night.

No Spoilers please. But is this movie worth my $12 cinema dollars? Or is this movie just another special FX fest like the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films?

Thinking about seeing it on tomorrow night.

IMDb gives it a rating of 9.2/10 and anyone that goes on that website often knows 95percent of films score less than 6/10, a great film will be lucky to get 8/10 from my past experience after looking at ratings and then watching it myself. The Matrix got 8.7/10 for example. Inception (2010)

Shamefully i never even heard of the film, but now i have and seen the ratings i might just have to go and see it.

Inception is much more like the first Matrix than the sequels to it.

I would say, no it is not worth your $12 to see it in theaters, but definitely worth a rental when it comes out on DVD/Bluray. It's not merely just a special effects driven movie, but the plot isn't nearly as unique or creative as it's trying to come off as. But it really depends on what your tastes are in movies and what you expect out of a film.

If you are looking for a movie for entertainment only purposes, then you might want to spend the money and see it.

If you look for a movie with a tight script, character development, emotional attachment to characters, etc. then I would say no.

If you fall in between like most people, then it really is up to you to decide. But what I can say is that the movie excels in the first case but fails in the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom