The New Clone Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopper

Monster Techie
The newest versions of Clone Cd 3201(Not recommended,because of bugs)and higher, add new features to allow Safedisc2 backups with non compatible writers.So if your writer can write Safedisc (old) it should be able to write Safedisc2 with Clone cd.
A

The two main new features are AWS, 'amplify weak sectors'and 'hide cdr'.

Amplify weak sectors is used to make working backups of Safedisc2 games.It works for writers that can do safedisc(old)but do not do proper EFM encoding for Safedisc2.

Hide cdr is used to stop atip checks of new Safedisc2 and New Securom games.You can now play and install your games in the writer or cd/dvdrom drive.

After installing Clone Cd and rebooting the two new options will be available (except U.S.,legal issues).After the reboot you will see an icon in the taskbar.You enable 'hide cdr" from here to play games and avoid atip checks.This is very useful since most new games and some game patches integrate an atip check to stop copies from working in the writer.It only functions when playing your games(if enabled).

AWS is only available after you make an image and set the write settings.You just check off the AWS box,or use load settings with the profile protcd.ccp

If you live in the U.S.

Do this before installing Clone cd.
You can simply go to control panel and make changes in the regional settings(and possibly keyboard too)..
Just use Canada instead.We use the same time zones,so it is no big deal!Welcome to Canada!!!Then read 'A' it applies here now.

Under Windows 9x, you may find that the other system locales are masked and thus the Region Settings only show a multiple listing of the same (or default) locale. Just scroll up or down and select a blank area in the listing. Then, click the 'Apply' button and click 'Yes' to the 'Restart' message. Go back to Regional Settings and you should now see a list of all available system locales.

2. Install CCDv3201 or higher and the install setup should enable the new features.

* NOTE: If the AWS & Hide CDR do not activate, run Regedit and do a search (Find) for 'AmplifyWeak' or go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Settings

Once you've located 'AmplifyWeak', double-click it and change the Value data field from 0 (disabled) to 1 (enabled). ** If two AmplifyWeak appear, enable value for both entries. ** Then, reboot to reset the new setting.
If you don't want to change regional settings

This might work..

1. Run REGEDIT
2. Perform a search for "amplifyweak".
3. Double click when found, and enable by entering "1" instead of "0".
"Amplify weak"if it appears twice in the registry, make sure you enable both.

Bonus

These new Clone versions also do a great job of Copying Cactus Data shield protected cd's(and some other audio protections). Use the audio.ccp profile (load)in the user settings.*NOTE*this audio option works well with Plexwriters,other writers may not work.
If you have An Sd2 Capable burner just Use your normal settings and disable the 'AWS' settings.Enabling 'hide' cdr will disable atip checks when playing the games..

The newest versions of Clone Cd 3201(Not recommended,because of bugs)and higher, add new features to allow Safedisc2 backups with non compatible writers.So if your writer can write Safedisc (old) it should be able to write Safedisc2 with Clone cd.
A

The two main new features are AWS, 'amplify weak sectors'and 'hide cdr'.

Amplify weak sectors is used to make working backups of Safedisc2 games.It works for writers that can do safedisc(old)but do not do proper EFM encoding for Safedisc2.

Hide cdr is used to stop atip checks of new Safedisc2 and New Securom games.You can now play and install your games in the writer or cd/dvdrom drive.

After installing Clone Cd and rebooting the two new options will be available (except U.S.,legal issues).After the reboot you will see an icon in the taskbar.You enable 'hide cdr" from here to play games and avoid atip checks.This is very useful since most new games and some game patches integrate an atip check to stop copies from working in the writer.It only functions when playing your games(if enabled).

AWS is only available after you make an image and set the write settings.You just check off the AWS box,or use load settings with the profile protcd.ccp

If you live in the U.S.

Do this before installing Clone cd.
You can simply go to control panel and make changes in the regional settings(and possibly keyboard too)..
Just use Canada instead.We use the same time zones,so it is no big deal!Welcome to Canada!!!Then read 'A' it applies here now.

Under Windows 9x, you may find that the other system locales are masked and thus the Region Settings only show a multiple listing of the same (or default) locale. Just scroll up or down and select a blank area in the listing. Then, click the 'Apply' button and click 'Yes' to the 'Restart' message. Go back to Regional Settings and you should now see a list of all available system locales.

2. Install CCDv3201 or higher and the install setup should enable the new features.

* NOTE: If the AWS & Hide CDR do not activate, run Regedit and do a search (Find) for 'AmplifyWeak' or go to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Settings

Once you've located 'AmplifyWeak', double-click it and change the Value data field from 0 (disabled) to 1 (enabled). ** If two AmplifyWeak appear, enable value for both entries. ** Then, reboot to reset the new setting.
If you don't want to change regional settings

This might work..

1. Run REGEDIT
2. Perform a search for "amplifyweak".
3. Double click when found, and enable by entering "1" instead of "0".
"Amplify weak"if it appears twice in the registry, make sure you enable both.

Bonus

These new Clone versions also do a great job of Copying Cactus Data shield protected cd's(and some other audio protections). Use the audio.ccp profile (load)in the user settings.*NOTE*this audio option works well with Plexwriters,other writers may not work.
If you have An Sd2 Capable burner just Use your normal settings and disable the 'AWS' settings.Enabling 'hide' cdr will disable atip checks when playing the games..

thanks alot, nice post.
now, please answer this:
My Clone Cd version is 4.0.1.6
how come 3201 is newer..?
sorry for my ingnorancy, I have this new program for only one month.

Who dug up this post?

azury said:
thanks alot, nice post.
now, please answer this:
My Clone Cd version is 4.0.1.6
how come 3201 is newer..?
sorry for my ingnorancy, I have this new program for only one month.

lol this is an old post one of the first ones i made here at Tech Forums;)
At that time 3201 was the latest version. Now the latest version is 4.something.

Cheers

[Quate] ...After 1013 viewers... [/quate]
lol, I should have realized it is an old post m8... :)

Hey Chopper.... I was reading your post on how to install Clone CD if you live in the US. You really sound sharp! I would never have thought of going into control panel and changing the region settings. I am going to try it. I have a Plextor 40-12-40 burner and I recently made a copy of Grand Theft Auto III for my 8 yearold. After it was finished, I tried to use it but it wouldnt work in his HP Computer on either of his drives. It wouldnt work in the Plextor either, but it did work in a 52X Liteon CD rom that I have on my computer. Would reinstalling clone with the Canada region setting enable me to make copies that would work on his computer, or did I just do something wrong when I made the backup?
If you dont have time to answer, thanks anyway for the info you posted.

Hi Semiauto It should work give it a try and tell us how you go. When burning dont burn at a to fast of a speed.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom