The most annoying freeze ever!

thEdumBoNe

Solid State Member
Hello to everyone and at computerforums and I am glad to be a part of your computer community.

Heres one down for the books.

I have now windows 2000 server on my pc

256 RAM
14GB HD
AMD Athlon 700 MHZ

I did everything to this pc to get it to stop freezing

Changed video card
tried different hard drives
tested RAM
took out the old CD-R Burner

The symptoms of this freeze when I am trying to update Windows

I cant move the mouse or do anything when I freeze. I have to reset the computer by holding the power button or yanking out the cord in the back to regain control.

Anyone got a suggestion! I tried everything and I would love for anyones help!

Thank you!

Computer Noob 1

Look in event viewer inside admin tools and see if there are any problems listed in there. If there are then post them up, or google them

When I look in the Event Viewer there are no errors. All it says is that The system was shutdown unexpectantly at whatever time I freeze.

Pull out every expansion card not necessary for booting. Also unplug extra drives that aren't needed to boot. If that corrects the problem, add components back one by one until the problem comes back. Obviously the component you added just before the problem will be your problem component.

Also, check your fan and make sure that it is providing adequate cooling for the CPU, and examine the capacitors on the motherboard for signs that they're near the end of their lives. They should be smooth and flat on the top, if they are rounded off, it's generally a sign that it's time to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom