The longer pc is on, the more unresponsive and slower it gets

I Play WOW

Baseband Member
As said in the title, the longer the PC is on, idle or not, it gets slower even when it's not connected to the internet. I've ran both flash and full scan on Malwarebytes and nothing's been found. Firefox will keep shutting down and reloading, which it fails to do every time.

The OS is Windows 7, but I've only ever fixed XP PCs in the past.

How is the heat when you turn it on and how is it when you leave it on for a prolonged amount of time ? Could be a heat issue

How much memory is in your system? Is it a desktop or laptop? And could you supply us with full system specs please

Laptop, and the ram is never even half used when it starts loading endlessly
spwca.png

I noticed when I'm connected to the internet I always get a pop-up to the same url right before everything starts loading. The loading happens when I'm offline too, but the pop-up doesn't come up.

How is the heat when you turn it on and how is it when you leave it on for a prolonged amount of time ? Could be a heat issue

The laptop is a little warmer than body temperature. It's a fairly new laptop, just under a year old and has never had any heating problems.

Last edited:
Why doesn't task manager have top priority in windows 7? I try to end processes when everything starts freezing, but either it's unable to do so or task manager itself freezes. Is just this laptop? Never happens with XP, how can I make windows 7's task manager as good as XP's?

-

I've noticed whenever flashplayer is used the pc starts acting up.

Last edited:
If I have any issues with stability, I tend to end Explorer.exe, and then reload it.
It reloads the desktop etc. Won't be why yours is slowing down though, but it can sort some issues.

By slower, how you mean? How many programs do you run at any one time?

How much space do you have left on the main drive. The one with Windows on?

Can't access task manager or anything while things start loading. No key commands work including fn commands.
By slow I mean the laptop will stop everything And start loading for no reason. Only the cursor works visibly.
Today as soon as I turned the laptop on it started loading from a rfresh boot.

Does this forum still use hijackthis or something similar?

Describe the length you are experiencing this issue with? Few hours? Few days? Etc .. Also, what are your normal day to day activities on here (games, surfing web, etc).

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Also check the integrity of the system files by going to start > cmd(right click - run as admin) type in sfc /scannow. This should repair any system files that may of been damaged. There is a space after sfc and the /. If it doesn't find corruption good. If it does please let me know and I can have you send me the .txt and ill review if you would like.

Back
Top Bottom