The King and Queen of England

What does the Queen actually do? Is it like the England's Star, like singers or does she governate like the Prime minister of any coubtry? Within all Connections, I can't connect this one.

UK31337 said:
Bet he bought a few detonators and some fertiliser with your money as well. Long live multicultural United Kingdom, the favourite destination for <xxxxxxx> everywhere. For all the utter irrelevant <xxxx> Nick Griffin talks, some of the BNP policies do make a vague form of sense, anyhow, we don't have a King right now. But Prince Charles is heir to the throne, so when Her Maj either dies or abdicates it'll be him in the hotseat as King Charles III.
The Queen of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth (don't call it England as it's just a region, it's like British folk describing the whole USA as "Texas") doesn't really have any real power, she's just a figurehead, sometimes I feel sorry for her, stuck right in the heart of London in that fancy prison, not being able to have a normal life like the rest of us, never mind, <xxxxxxxx> to all of that. I'm planning to emigrate to Germany.

England is not a Region, it's a Country.

And Ihuser: http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/royal/role.htm

lhuser said:
What does the Queen actually do? Is it like the England's Star, like singers or does she governate like the Prime minister of any coubtry? Within all Connections, I can't connect this one.
She does some small political activities.

The royals do alot of other things too such as visiting other countrys on the UKs behalf, giving speachers etc

Who pays for the King and Queens stuff?

Are they rich naturally or do they get paid by the government?

Also, are there still Dukes, Counts, Barons and stuff?

Or is the king and king all that remains?

Thanks.

The Royal family get an allowance from the state but also have alot of their own wealth aswell which has been passed down from generations because they are exempt from inheritance tax.

Personally I don't mind them being given an allowance, its probably relatively insignificant to those who 100,000sss that get welfare and free houses, its also a reminder of being good old british

Personally I'd rather have royalty than any other, not because I'm a lover of it, I am of course, it's because I believe that others wouldn't wouldn't benifit my country.

Dukes, Counts, Barons and stuff

yes, there are still Dukes, (like the Duke of kent)
dutches and dutchesses, (like the dutchy of cornwall).
barrones and barronesses, (like Barroness thatcher)
there are no counts...
there are still earls and countesses (earl of windsor)

the reason that there are no counts is because that word is not british, britain has earls instead of counts.

I'd rather have a royal family than ont, simply because it generates tourist money. fair enough the royals are paid to live quite well... but they generate a hell of a lot of money from tourists just being a living tourist atraction.

Back
Top Bottom