The Issue With Apple...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Am_Skip

Baseband Member
Firstly, I am posting this as a way of spreading word about how the community see's what Apple is doing.

Apple, please stop suing every company possible because you feel threatened. Maybe if you truly invented something for once instead of just popularizing another companies ideas, people might actually give you credibility for your so called 'inventions'.

Stop purchasing and/or lodging patents just to give you an excuse to sue other companies. Some of the absolute crap you guy come up with is ridiculous. Whats next? You purchase the patent to the human heart and sue every single living person because you 'own' that patent? Grow up seriously, stop trying to own the aspects of electronic devices that every device needs to run let alone compete in today's market.

You try and sue Samsung for using icon's that are square with rounded icons? Steam's logo has been that shape for way longer than that of your iOS ones, stop trying to make it look like you came up with it. You can't own a shape for crying out loud! Woolworths in Australia doesn't even attempt to compete with you, they are a supermarket. Yet you try and sue them for having an apple as their logo. The Woolworths logo doesn't even remotely look like the Apple Inc logo.

You guy's at Apple have gotten away with this for far too long, stop running scarred and blaming everyone else for their successes and stop accusing them of copying you. If you guys didn't copy other companies, where would you be today? Smart phones existed well before the iPhone came around.

I'm writing this letter for your own sake Apple, you may be too stubborn to read it, let alone admit your mistakes. I guess you guys didn't learn from your prior mistakes you made when you tried to sue Microsoft because they were doing better than you.

Now readers, spread the word as much as possible. It would be tragic for such a large company to collapse once again, it would have a huge effect on the economy and a large amount of people would lose their jobs. If nothing is done, the only way Apple has to go is downhill from here...

Thanks for reading.

When you are the most valuable brand in the world you do whatever you can to protect it. Samsung, Google, Motorola all do the same ****.
Apple are the first ones to write to some european agency asking for better patent laws surrounding industry standards.

You are stupid if you think Apple, or any company, are going to stand their and let other companies copy and walk all over them. Also to compare the iPhone to smartphones before it is RIDICULOUS, it was vastly superior.

You think Apple is going to go downhill ? LOL. They have massive year over year growth, there are no signs of it slowing down, they are only just breaking into emerging economies, and the iPad is growing quicker than any other apple device in history. Apple don't need to worry about a thing. Only yesterday Tim Cook was speaking about how Apple actually has far more money than it needs.

The only companies coming out with decent competitive products against apple are Samsung and Asus.

Apple is no more and no less evil than a plethora of other corporate giants (which, for clarification, is pretty evil) and if the OP thanks that Apple are the first to be guilty of the crimes he describes then he ought to think again.
On the other hand, kmanmx, "better" patent laws are an opinion. If Apple have taken it upon themselves to write a letter to ETSI, that makes them opinionated, not necessarily correct.

apple has a massive profit margin, at least twice as much as every other phone and pc maker. and with $98 Billion USD cash on hand, they ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Everybody just needs to stop suing each other. Its getting old, nobody cares anymore. If Apple fails in what ever they are doing some other company will be right their to pick up where they left off. As long as a company makes something that doesn't necessarily function better then another product but looks better they are going to rain supreme as 90% of the worlds population want something that looks good and so far not to many people are making full product lines that look good. One or two beautiful products from Samsung or Asus aren't going to steal that many customers from Apple until they make their entire product line idiot friendly and pretty.

My point is that they are going to get to a stage where major opposing companies get sick of them and all just target Apple all the time. They purchased patents in December and are suing Samsung for them now ffs. If that isnt't desperate to sue then I don't know what is...

My point is that they are going to get to a stage where major opposing companies get sick of them and all just target Apple all the time. They purchased patents in December and are suing Samsung for them now ffs. If that isnt't desperate to sue then I don't know what is...

Large companies don't function like the mafia. They can't just "get sick" of a company and gang up on them. Plus they wouldn't be stupid. Shutting down or attacking apple would be getting rid of millions of jobs, and screwing phone companies investments in the Iphone. It's not just going to disappear suddenly

You are stupid if you think Apple, or any company, are going to stand their and let other companies copy and walk all over them. Also to compare the iPhone to smartphones before it is RIDICULOUS, it was vastly superior.

It was different, but I wouldn't say vastly superior. I think primarily the only thing they bought to the table was a capacitive touch screen with an interface optimised for touch with fingers rather than a resistive touchscreen designed for a stylus and their marketing clout. Their "ecosystem" model allowed them to capitalise on other companies doing half their work for them in the app market.

When you are the most valuable brand in the world you do whatever you can to protect it. Samsung, Google, Motorola all do the same ****.

The CEO and co founder of Samsung didn't say that he would destroy Apple if it took ever last penny his company had and his dying breath. However Steve Jobs said exactly that about Android. Based on that statemnt there is no way to say that Apple isn't worse than other companies.

Apple isn't acting like other cell phone companies when it comes to patent infringement, they are throwing anything they can think of at all of the Android OEMs in the hope that something sticks and since they are rolli9ng in money they can afford to keep doing it indefinitely.

It's a real shame IBM didn't use their massive patent portfolio to drive Apple into the ground back in the early days of PCs.

It was different, but I wouldn't say vastly superior. I think primarily the only thing they bought to the table was a capacitive touch screen with an interface optimised for touch with fingers rather than a resistive touchscreen designed for a stylus and their marketing clout. Their "ecosystem" model allowed them to capitalise on other companies doing half their work for them in the app market.

The Lg Prada actually had a capacitive touchscreen before the iPhone.

The CEO and co founder of Samsung didn't say that he would destroy Apple if it took ever last penny his company had and his dying breath. However Steve Jobs said exactly that about Android. Based on that statemnt there is no way to say that Apple isn't worse than other companies.

Apple isn't acting like other cell phone companies when it comes to patent infringement, they are throwing anything they can think of at all of the Android OEMs in the hope that something sticks and since they are rolli9ng in money they can afford to keep doing it indefinitely.

It's a real shame IBM didn't use their massive patent portfolio to drive Apple into the ground back in the early days of PCs.

I am sure Steve had his reasons, we will never know the whole truth behind how iOS and Android came about. We only know what we are told. The only people who know the truth of who copied who and who did what first and when is the top few executives at Google and Apple. Anyway, Steve is dead now, and the onslaught continues - so it's more than just him that wants to take this strategy.

I don't see how other companies are not as bad, there has been more than one attempt to block sales of Apple products, just like Apple did to Samsung. I can't remember who did what to who exactly because it's confusing.

Do I think the whole scenario is stupid ? yeah kind of. On the other hand, if it were me and I had patented a really awesome product I spent years making, I wouldn't want others to copy it either. At the end of the day, it is not Apples fault for filing patent lawsuits. Same for samsung, same for motorola and google. The only one at fault in each court case is the one who infringed the patent. If Samsung don't like it they shouldn't of infringed the patents. If Apple don't like it they shouldn't of infringed them either. Neither of them are going to back down, sure Apple makes incredible profits, but Samsung is making profits in the many billions too.. going to court is change in their back pockets.

At the end of the day they are fighting it for different reasons. Apple don't want any company to be able to make a competitive product, and Samsung are struggling to make a product that is anywhere near as popular as Apples. The easiest thing for them both to do is to try and ruin each other using patents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom