The iGeneration

Which is true for you?

• I am age 19/or under and I have not known the world with out the Internet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am age 19/or under and I have known the world with out the Internet

• Press this option for a free iPod... not!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The true mark of a man would be the one who not only configured his sound card but his video card to work properly. That was so much FUN!

I never go the luxury of using older computer hardware. Started out in Win98 when we got our first computer.
Back then. A computer was about $4000. Try digging up some really old computer advertisements some time have a good laugh as the price per specs.

I remember the days when CDs where bigger than hard drives. And i remember finding that out the hardway.

....Not iGeneration either, I remember this guy VVV

1876_Bell_Speaking_into_Telephone.jpg

WOW!!!! A steam punk mobile phone.

Yeah, the history books left me out of it : Bell said "Watson, come here, I need you", to which Watson went in running...my retort was "Hey, Watson, it would be quicker to answer the ****ed phone, you dumb*** ! " lol THAT part never made the books. :p

How could you even use the internet with 56k.. i remember that, i remember going to get food and drink and come back to find the picture i wanted to look at was nearly loaded..:laughing:

My first computer was a Commodore 64...I also had the Vic20 keyboard, which was HIGHLY underrated if you ask me.

My first modem was about 400 baud or so. I never dared use it. And all my games were either those crazy cartridges, data tapes, or the ORIGINAL floppy disks.

WOO 80s.

I think I first used internet in my house when I was in 8th grade...yay shoddy slower than average dialup.

I"m a Gen Y. I accidently voted, so if a mod could change my vote from 19 and known a world without the internet to a free iPod that'd be sweet. I didn't have a computer at home until 2000 or 2001. I actually still have it. It ran Windows ME, wow that thing was a piece of crap. I built my own PC 2.5 years ago, and have been the technology "guru" in my family since we first got a computer. Crazy talk I tell ya!

lol ya remember when you installed a game and you went through setting up the IRQ settings for sound.
who remembers Bomberman on floppy before there were hdd?
nes and sega lol we had PONG and we liked it!! we played Pong in the snow.. uphill.. both ways!!
this was a great thread man i laughed all the way through ahhhh the memories.
and you younger guys don't worry someday you'll be talkin about Roadrunner and
DDR3 and quad cores and the young guys will be like "HUH???? was that before
Holographic VR and temperal motion implants?? man your old"

Fixed your vote.

My first computer didn't even have floppies. A floppy drive cost over $300 in the early '80s. I had cartridges that had ROM games on them, and a tape deck that used regular cassette tapes. The most awesome game I had was Zaxxon. I remember trying to play it on a little 10" black and white TV using that funky, non-centering joystick that went with the computer.

Ah, I miss that old Tandy CoCo II. 16k of memory, 64k if you had the floppy drive (external, of course). And you could buy a 512k RAMDISK for it (a cartridge of RAM) for $150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom