The iGeneration

Which is true for you?

• I am age 19/or under and I have not known the world with out the Internet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am age 19/or under and I have known the world with out the Internet

• Press this option for a free iPod... not!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Conversation this week that I had with a friend was the iGeneration. It seem that kids these days have been labeled the iGeneration. Effectively it means that kids in the western world that are the age of 19 and under has not known the world with out the Internet.

I am just wonder for those people that are in the age and location bracket whether you feel this statement is true or not?

According to wiki
typically the offspring of Generation X - are as of 2008 in grade school or younger.
They are highly connected, having had lifelong use of communications and media technologies such as DVDs, the World Wide Web, instant messaging, text messaging, MP3 Players and cellular phones, earning them the nickname "digital natives".

I can remember when 8Tracks and Beta tapes came out. and my closest thing to electronics was the electronic doctor game. Remove a bone and hit the side and a buzzer goes off. LOL

my first computer was in 1986

I am :)

I haven't really grown up with pcs and stuff...

I never had a console (PS1/xbox/gameboy) and until about 2003 we had a Windows 95 computer for which i was not allowed to use the internet (Civilisation II was the extent of it).
And i only got my own pc last year (before that only games i had played were Age of Empires II and LOTR The Return of the King... both fairly bad)

I bought my own mp3 player and ipod... and im never "glued"to it and i barely eer text/phone from my mobile (which again i had to buy myslef)

So i've only really been "into" the internet for 1.5-2 years... my parents hate technology :p

In the bracket and can remember the good old 56k dial up ;)

56k or not. That is still the internet.

Like I had an email address as early as 1992. This was via a BBS that would send and recieve emails one every 12 hours.
My first time on the internet was about 1996 when i used to tag along with my friend down to his uni. He would be doing research for is course where i would be surfing the net.
It was the end of 1997 where i got my first internet account via 33.6K modem. None of this using a BBS as a proxy.
And it was 1999 where we got cable internet connect to the house.

2002 for me had my first comp in 1994 when I was 4-5 though remember I turned the contrast and brightness right down on the monitor lol took my dad 3 weeks to figure out how to fix it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom