The Gathering Storm (The Wheel of Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
Has anyone picked this up yet? I have been waiting quite a while.

I have read that Brandon Sanderson did a great job picking up where James Oliver Rigney, Jr (Robert Jordan) left off.

I just recently finished listening to all 11 (12 counting New Spring) in anticipation of the release.

I should be getting my copy soon as I have to get it imported.

No spoilers if you have read it already. Only opinions.

I stopped reading around book 8, 9, or so... don't really remember which. the series started off a little slow, picked up, and then fragmented. I tried to stay with it but just couldn't.

Is this really going to be the final book. I remember people commenting to me how in book 10, there is still a lot of new elements going into play.

It was supposed to be the last book but the notes left by Robert Jordan were so in depth that it is going to take 3 books to finish it. So 2 more after this.

Trot. I agree it got too fragmented and hard to follow. I stopped for a while during book 8 The Path of Daggers but eventually got through it. books 10 and 11 picked back up for me. He got away from Rand too much and spent too much time with the ladies. If you can pick them up in Audio it helps to get through some of the slow spots in books 7 and 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom