the future

I didn't know either until the Netflix episode of one of the "hackers" tv series or something like that.
I still was under the impression that it was only theoretical but I guess they are far beyond theories now with quantum physics and communications.

but theres always black market for everything. including internet.

It's still a pretty big challenge to accomplish, but yep it's far beyond the "maybe" stage now. That said, I wouldn't put much faith in any super-confident "uncrackable" statements just yet. We're still very much figuring out the basics lol

Side note: sorry about rulezero and PP going off and derailing your thread :( I'm leaving the replies there as an *excellent* example of what childish behaviour/responses look like

An excellent example of how not to be a tool on a public forum trying to argue topics to which he clearly knew nothing about. Btw, you do realize of course a mod already knew about what was going on. Maybe staff should be talking internally before infractions are given :rolleyes: The guy had it coming and maybe I should post publically the email he sent me as well showing his true colors? The dude is no different than Mike except sugar coated replies with smileys. Personally attacked in the email, then he wants to counter argue with illegal activity which is why he didn't put that here and why I didn't reply to his comment or the email.

Good job.

Mfw I read through the argument and see he thinks he knows how to avoid all packet sniffing and snooping from agencies :p Okay GL with that. Sure, you can take steps to make it considerably more difficult, but even if your running Kali Linux + VPN + Tor + stupid levels of encryption, they can see what you're doing if they invest enough time and effort. Especially since they found a huge flaw in how Tor works.

Mfw I read through the argument and see he thinks he knows how to avoid all packet sniffing and snooping from agencies :p Okay GL with that. Sure, you can take steps to make it considerably more difficult, but even if your running Kali Linux + VPN + Tor + stupid levels of encryption, they can see what you're doing if they invest enough time and effort. Especially since they found a huge flaw in how Tor works.
In the email his "work around" was hack into his neighbor's wifi......Guess he doesn't understand how a MAC address works.

LOLWUT!

Apparently he knows everything there is to know. Hahaha. Not to mention the fact that all the traffic will include stuff like his name, email address, yada yada. It wouldn't be hard for them to see he was just using his neighbours WiFi :p

In the email his "work around" was hack into his neighbor's wifi......Guess he doesn't understand how a MAC address works.

Well, it's easy enough to spoof your MAC address, but there's still a dozen other ways of attributing traffic to a subject.

Sure, you can take steps to make it considerably more difficult, but even if your running Kali Linux + VPN + Tor + stupid levels of encryption, they can see what you're doing if they invest enough time and effort. Especially since they found a huge flaw in how Tor works.
And also especially since going out and downloading all things is going to cause a trace to put on you in some way or another, so you're pretty much working against yourself since there'll be a much more focused eye on you than if you weren't using such services.

Last edited:
Well, it's easy enough to spoof your MAC address, but there's still a dozen other ways of attributing traffic to a subject.
Of course, but as you said.....Spoofing is only good for getting around said neighbor trying to see who's on their internet, if they even notice. All said info will point back to the real person then you're tied to illegally tapping an encrypted wifi too.

Back
Top Bottom