The Food & Drink Thread

Well I was holding off from a rant.
All of my kitchen appliances blew out back in September due to a power surge and after 2 months the insurance decided to cough up some cash the first of November so I can get new ones. I ordered a dishwasher, range and microwave on November 6th and Home Depot promised me that they would deliver on the 23rd. I asked them if they were sure because that is the day before Thanksgiving they stated it would be no problem.. Well...they reniged on their promise and did not deliver so we had to gather up the turkey and everything else and go to Brenda's mom's house to cook. It did work out o.k. (her mom is 87 and she did cook the bird upside down) but it still tasted good! I still do not have any new appliances yet as of 11/28.
I'm sorry you had this experience. I would be upset as well if a company was dishonest with me. If they were not able to deliver your apliances on time, they should have never promised you. They should have told you that they can try to have it delivered by the specific date but cannot promise or garentee the appliance will be delivered on the date specified.

I can imagine the frustration of waiting for your new kitchen appliances only to have the delivery promise broken. That's definitely not what anyone wants to experience, especially when it comes to preparing for a big holiday like Thanksgiving. Kudos to Brenda's mom for still making the best of it and managing to cook a delicious meal even without the new appliances!
I've recently been focusing on eating healthily. One thing I've discovered is barley grass juice powder. It's a fantastic source of nutrients and can be a great addition to your meals or smoothies. While waiting for your appliances, experimenting with new healthy ingredients like barley grass juice powder could be a fun distraction.

Back
Top Bottom