The Food & Drink Thread

I guess so. Thats a new one on me. do all kinds of meat. Fish like salmon, Pork, Chicken and Beef. I have had even buffalo. Smoking is the best way to cook. Better than frying inside. Tastes better that way as well.

Fried I only take chicken and fish. Red meat I prefer and only take grilled like steak (if that's grilled) and only well done or medium well at worste if served on a sizzling plate so it cooks a little further after I butterfly it. Tried dear but didn't like it. Smoked I've had the processed red meat so far like the ones sold along side mortadella, you know? And I love it.

Around here we call "deer" Venison and it is very popular in this part of the country. Also makes for a very good summer sausage too.
Side note..... In the southern areas of my state most deer are corn feed from farm fields, but only because they invade the fields.... not so much in the northern areas where they feed on bark, nuts and berries. The corn fed deer are much better because they do not have that "wild taste" as the deer from the north.

Those invading "dears"!
:rolleyes:

I don't know what these were fed. They are imported and I only had them once in a fancy open buffet that I won't visit again (for the sake of my wallet).

Those invading "dears"!
:rolleyes:

I don't know what these were fed. They are imported and I only had them once in a fancy open buffet that I won't visit again (for the sake of my wallet).
geez... around here where there are too many, our township hired archers to cull the herd in the community parks and golf courses. It was so bad for a while that they walk down our street in broad daylight and strip our hostas clean in front of our house and they look like celery stalks. They give the venison to the homeless and poor for free. I do not know who processed the deer for those people, I think our township covered the cost.

Could be an invasive species? This happened with cray fish too in some areas that authorities allowed and encouraged catching them with no restrictions at all like other aqua life.

Back
Top Bottom