The Food & Drink Thread

I don't eat pork (let alone butts) but man that looks good!
ROFL! A pork butt is actually the front shoulder. No idea how they came up with that one but there ya go. As far as how it tastes... yeah, you don't want to be anywhere near this stuff if you don't want to trip yourself up. I can't believe I waited this long to cook one and now I can't wait to do some more.

I've seen pork butts on the cartoon Cow and Chicken and it looks like pig butts for real :D
That's where the confusion came from :angel:
379h4vgsy7941.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha, Brisket is between thet "Butt" Love it smoked and barbecued Till it melts in your mouth. My birthday is in September and thats the meat for dinner.

Hahaha, Brisket is between thet "Butt" Love it smoked and barbecued Till it melts in your mouth. My birthday is in September and thats the meat for dinner.
I smoked a chuck roast yesterday and did it like you would a brisket; we had no leftovers. In fact my wife and her mom said I should have smoked the other one as well (got a two pack at Sam's). I will be doing a brisket sometime in the (hopefully) near future. I will let you know how it comes out.

I love smoked meats but I don't like the work/time that goes into smoking them. I'll be doing a tri-tip on our smoker today. Tri-tip beats brisker anytime in my opinion.

If you have a good smoker its easy. Cheaper ones are more of a pain in the butt. have had this one 6 -7 years now and its starting to look in bad condition. I want to get one of those new pellet grills. Everyone that has one thinks its the best thing since ice cream. I will wait till spring. Right now, i am worried about Deb. Her tests are showing some bad readings. She might, Might have cancer. Don't know yet. More testing and hope doctor figures out whats happening with her. I am not sure what i want to do if she doe and dies from it. We have been together 30 years now. Married 28 of that. Not sure how things would go for me. I have thought of hitting the road with our 5th wheel rv. Have to wait and see. She has more testing in September and October before the results come in. Then the doctors visit....

If you have a good smoker its easy. Cheaper ones are more of a pain in the butt. have had this one 6 -7 years now and its starting to look in bad condition. I want to get one of those new pellet grills. Everyone that has one thinks its the best thing since ice cream. I will wait till spring.
I am looking at getting a Char-Griller Gravity 980, probably closer to Christmas. It is a gravity fed charcoal grill/smoker that works like a pellet grill. You can only get them through Lowes or Menards.
Right now, i am worried about Deb. Her tests are showing some bad readings. She might, Might have cancer. Don't know yet. More testing and hope doctor figures out whats happening with her. I am not sure what i want to do if she doe and dies from it. We have been together 30 years now. Married 28 of that. Not sure how things would go for me. I have thought of hitting the road with our 5th wheel rv. Have to wait and see. She has more testing in September and October before the results come in. Then the doctors visit....
I'll be praying for Deb and you as well, Dan.

Back
Top Bottom