The Food & Drink Thread

Apologizes trotter for the late reply, it was European bacon. I'm guessing Danish.

Rite now I'm busy cooking some pork chops seasoned in cracked black pepper with sea salt coated in a small drizzle of olive oil to seal in the flavor . Nothing to go with them, just on their own .

Edit: Slow cooked in a griddle frying pan for succulence and color .

I've made a few Mississippi pork roasts of late. 3-5 pound pork roast, cut into 4 or so pieces. Put into slow cooker. Cut a large onion in half, cut into 1" slices and separate, add to cooker. Sprinkle in a pack of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix and a pack of Au Jus gravy mix, stir to coat everything. Add in 10-15 pepperoncinis, 3/4 to 1 cup of the juice from the pepperoncinis, and a stick (1/2 cup) of butter (I cut mine into chucks). Cook on low for 8 hours, remove meat and shred, add back to juices. I have found that it is better the next day so I now put it into the fridge and reheat it the next day or so.

I'm having Omaha Steak cheese Burgers with onions, lettuce, catsup, mustard and pickles on a sesame bun paired with onion rings later for supper.

For lunch I'm having turkey club sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, Kraft Singles American Cheese and Miracle Whip on Italian bread paired with Lays sour cream and cheddar chips.

Later I am having Marie Calendars Banana Pie with whipped cream, real bananas topped with water cress.

Picked up three racks of St. Louis style ribs on the way home, planning on firing up the kamado tomorrow. I'm going to try using some pecan wood this time and see how it comes out. Maybe I will remember to get some pics.

I attached a shot of the last three racks once they were smoked and sauced.

Attachments

• 20210703_192007[1].jpg
    20210703_192007[1].jpg
    314 KB · Views: 2
Completed ribs. The four on the left were rubbed using kosher salt, coarse black pepper, garlic powder, and cumin. The large rack and the rib tips on the right had the same rub plus onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne. The first four were sauced with a honey BBQ sauce while the others were sauced with a sweet and spicy sauce. They turned out great but I am worn out. Not pictured are the ears of sweet corn I did for my wife and her mom.

Attachments

• 20210710_152110[1].jpg
    20210710_152110[1].jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 1
Today for lunch is Pizza and a salad

For Supper fried Pork Chops with bell pepper, onion and seasoning, Mashed potatoes and pork gravy, Cream Style Corn, Cinnamon Applesauce and Rocky Road Ice Cream for Desert.

Smoked some chicken legs and thighs yesterday as well as cooked some corn on the cob on the grill (wrapped in foil with salt and butter). A thunderstorn hit about 2/3 of the way into it so the dog and I ended up soaked to the bone by the time I got everything finished up. I heated up three of the thighs for supper tonight... damn good even if I did cook it. :p

Back
Top Bottom