The Food & Drink Thread

I trimmed the skin off some pork belly slices and cut the slices up in to three pieces each. Fried them off in a wok and added some diced onions with some fresh peas. Added some ground garlic, soy sauce and wouschester sauce (I'm not sure how you spell that!) . Drained the water from the wok but I'm now thinking I should of added some savory rice to soak up the juices . Tastes amazing .

We took my nephew to a Brazilian steakhouse as a late birthday present. Ugh! Four hours later and I am still stuffed. I lost count of just how much meat we consumed... several kinds of steak, ham, lamb, sausages, a few kinds of chicken, plus salad and sides. I didn't even look at the hot bar but my wife said that it had some good stuff on it.

Anyone got any thoughts anything nice I can make my self to eat at home. I'm sick of eating the same old stuff and I'm curious @Trotter if you have any ideas for some authentic southern American style food. I wouldn't mind a challenge in the kitchen. Any thoughts?

At the minute I'm busy cooking a newzeland reared and slaughtered half leg of lamb. Cooked on the hob in a baking dish for some color with some garlic and closed cup mushrooms and then in the oven for a good hour with a drizzle of olive oil. I'm going to let it rest once its cooked for the resting juices and make some gravy .

Edit: Thanks for that trotter, I'll have a look .

Nothing too fancy but just some eggs and bacon. Theirs something simple about having eggs and bacon. Maybe its the taste or the protein but either way its just nice and simple .

Nothing too fancy but just some eggs and bacon. Theirs something simple about having eggs and bacon. Maybe its the taste or the protein but either way its just nice and simple .
But was it English bacon or American bacon?

dreamstime_s_38417508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom