The Food & Drink Thread

Wow, trotter you speak spanish? Or did you pick that up from an episode of dora?... lol
Way older than Dora. I picked up a smattering from a PBS show in the early 70's called Villa Alegre (link). I took a Spanish class during my senior year of high school (for fun), and I went on a mission trip to Colima, Mexico in '98. I can't speak it but I know a few phrases including the most important one, "Donde es banjo?"

Way older than Dora. I picked up a smattering from a PBS show in the early 70's called Villa Alegre (link). I took a Spanish class during my senior year of high school (for fun), and I went on a mission trip to Colima, Mexico in '98. I can't speak it but I know a few phrases including the most important one, "Donde es banjo?"

I would argue that is the second most important one, with, "Mas cervaza por favor," being the most important.

Also, I've gotten into BBQing/smoking/grilling over the last couple of years, so I'll do my best to post up on here. Thinking about making pig candy/bbq burnt ends (out of pork belly) this weekend.

I was out of town for work for a couple of days. I was in the Charlotte, NC area but didn't think to see if any members were in the area, sorry. Anyway, I noticed that there was a Famous Dave's in the area and had to hit it before I headed home today. I went for some burnt ends, a hot link, coleslaw, a sweet corn muffin, and some Wilbur's baked beans. The company picked up the check which made it even better. ;)IMG_20200804_124850[1].jpg

Before we moved to our present home, we were within spitting distance of a Famous Dave's and used to go there regularly. Good stuff.

When I used to travel for work, I visited lots of BBQ joints around the US with the company picking up the tab. Miss that since I retired.

I've only been to Famous Dave's once or twice. Was pretty good, prefer the stuff I make at home, but I do like being able to just go in and get something.. Also I've had some of their different sauces and I do like those.

I never use any of their sauces, always order all the meat naked and eat it that way.

When I make stuff with my pellet grill/smoker, I never use sauce either. Salt & pepper is all I ever use for seasoning.

Back
Top Bottom