The Film Die Hard 4 has got me thinking! ..

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
In the Film you have the scene were as you have "The WarLock" within his "Command Center!" .. I'm thinking does any of you Folks out their on TF have such Investments as in the Way of Security and or Tech\Life Style .. ECT: ? , or your Chill Spot fall in too that Category .. I've posted a Picture of Mine but since changed it around about and tidied up abit as well and its looking a lot better and tidier..

Is this making sense or is it just Paranoia?

EDIT:

OK, So this isn't actually Paranoia, in regards too the Scene I'm thinking of after doing a Load of research threw Google, I've found that Simple Aluminum Foil protection can Protect against EMP in the way of a Faraday Box.. Being an Idea too fully Insulate the Contents of a Room and or Container.. Well I'm sorry but my fellow tech users I'm doing this.. I might be Crazy I might be Paranoid, but when the Shops are open I'm away for Foil, and will have too find some Wire Mesh for my Major Electric Components..

HaHa, anyone want me too upload a Picture..

Last edited:
Eh, if you were really serious about doing that, first you'd need a generator setup in case the power is taken out city wide for whatever reason. Then, you basically need to turn your room into a metal box rather than using some flimsy tin to try and "protect" against anything really damaging. Just know that if you use wifi at all, you'll be lucky if you get any signal in or out of the room. Which really is the point.

Yeah I know PP, I done some research threw Google and still waiting on getting some silent generators, VERY EXPENSIVE .. I'm hunting around for some wire Mesh for the time being, and got people looking as I'm trying too work with in a Budget, in stead of going too an outlet.. I'm expecting my BB cut off for a cupple of days mabie a week so later on if I dont re post too this I'll be back at some point.. Something too do with Maintenance for a few days apparently according too the ISP.. Foil will do if its Insulated and self contained with in reason such as rubber insulation abit like a Car in reguards too the tires keeping the shell off the ground..

Currently my GF are experimenting with self sufficiency in the garden.
Primarily we are doing this because (in order) --
--- money saving thing because we are getting tired about paying top dollar for 2nd rate fruit and vegetable from the shops. Not to mention the time lost from harvest to shop.
--- we are pagans and it's our way of connecting with the earth and the environment.
--- Finally if the world economy goes pair shaped or a zombie apocalypse, we got not problem continuing on being vegetarian. (I am so going to miss bacon)

Are also looking at permaculture too where we can effectively create our own ecosystem. This is things like seed harvesting, rain water collection, solar panels.
Because of a lot our pagan ways, we also look at a lot of natural remedies and alternative medicines for curing illness. Eg. Garlic is great from curing the cold and flu.

As for keeping tech live..... I got hard enough time getting internet and tv signal at the best of times, let along during a time of crisis like a economic fail or zompocalypse.

However with all this being said, both my partner and I are not like some of those loonies on Dooms Day Prepper.

Last edited:
I've been keeping an eye on a few posts and hence log in when I see an update.. My Broadband never got switched off last night so for the time being I'm pretty happy. As for being a Pagan, respect too you.. I know very little about other Cultures other than what I see Locally but have all ways been curious too travel..

Now..

You see the thing is, lets just clear some things up hear I'm only experimenting with this Idea for the time being for a project and being a Fan\Hobbyist of the tech world.. I dont believe the world is going too end at all, and I've never preached or will preach such things, I do believe their will be more coming of natural disasters in the future but not in my life time will the world be coming too an end.. The reason I wanted too Insulate this room in-particular was I'll admit for effect but too see how far I could take such a project\idea .. I've got plenty of materials to start with and get cracking but need too move my furniture around first as being no way I'm lifting those wardrobes by my self.. I'll end up slipping a disk.. o_O .. ..

Generators are profoundly expensive and I haven't got the Cash too pull out at once as too why I said I'm working in a budget.. When I get my hands on some mesh wiring I'm going too start, just need a few days..

You can take what is essentially a World War 3 proof man cave as far as you want granted you have the budget. The only problem is, if something so drastic did happen we would lose internet connectivity.

I understand that, but for the time being I've started proofing my Room more so out of curiosity and a project for something too do.. I want too see if it affects my WIFI.. I hacked my nabors WIFI and they sure as hell are not doing it too me.. Of course you would have encryption on your line but I quite like it in the way it makes it look awesome. My mate says are your growing Cannabis.. No joke as well.. :LOL .. .. I'm going too look for a good Virtual Private Network too run my Connection threw instead of using a Proxy.. And when I get my servers I'll be rocking.. I found some portable Generators online for no more than 250, but was advised that a Good Generator would cost 650 too 800 for solid Tech .. Hopefully bye the time I'm finished I'll have a some what man proof cave, and the computers being Encrypted with True Crypt, the authoritys can sit on it and go and do one..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom