The end of net neutrality = bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it doesn't have to go as far as a single country taking over. Net Neutrality could take a hit just if the ISPs got more power, which I could definitely see happening.

It is the same situation. A ISP is still centralized to a single country. Time Warner, Verizon and all of them are mainly USA if not only USA. BT and others are UK. So it would still be the same thing if a ISP got more power. They would still only be centralized to a single country, which would allow that country to dictate the Net.

Even if you get a ISP that has power in 2 countries like the USA and UK. They still would have to get this passed Australia, Canada, and the rest of the world.

The worst that would happen would be what Chine has and what Australia was trying to do. We had a topic about what Australia was trying to do with blocking some sites or something. Limiting or whatever. I dont remember teh exact details. But no matter if it is a ISP, country or a couple countries. It wouldnt happen.

The ISP's may have the customers which might allow them to take more action. But anyone with half a brain would see the ISP trying to limit what sites they could visit as a bad thing and drop that ISP like a brick and get a new one. Which would force the ISP to reconsider its actions. If they lost so much of a customer base they could even go out of business.

Even those who are not familiar with alot of this stuff would be upset. being told what sites they can and cant visit would upset everyone.

I feel my inner Tyler Durden floating through the channels of my sub-conscious...they pass this law and Time Warner may feel reminiscent, as the credit card companies did, at the end of Fight Club.

Government enforced 'Net neutrality' using an iron fist is simply one step closer to a socialized America. The real issue is whether you think that is a good or bad thing.

I've read a lot about this net neutrality stuff with as open of a mind as I can possibly have, and I cannot fathom how anybody finds it remotely logical to enforce this ********.

I pay for my internet service.

I'll use it how I ****ing want to.

Government enforced 'Net neutrality' using an iron fist is simply one step closer to a socialized America. The real issue is whether you think that is a good or bad thing.

The problem is it wouldn't be enforced by the government, simply allowed, and the corporations would be the ones enforcing it because they would then have the legal right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom